Sonic Electronix

Can stock electrical handle 1500 watts rms

1400w / 12.8v = 109.375A on a 90A alt...

And your point is?

The amplifier will not pull 1400w 100% of the time so any time it does not, the excess charging capacity goes to the battery(ies) to replace what the alternator couldnt keep up with before. Also not all "90 amp" alternators are 90 amps.. could be anywhere from 90-100 probably as I assume there are ratings the alternators must meet to be advertised as rated.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

And your point is?

The amplifier will not pull 1400w 100% of the time so any time it does not, the excess charging capacity goes to the battery(ies) to replace what the alternator couldnt keep up with before. Also not all "90 amp" alternators are 90 amps.. could be anywhere from 90-100 probably as I assume there are ratings the alternators must meet to be advertised as rated.

maybe not but the potential to overdraw you alt is there, no? its not about charging batteries with extra its about trying to take whats not there.

if thats the case would my 90A bosch alt + 1 farad cap handle a us md2d @ 1500w @1ohm without frying anything?

im no guru just a bass lover with enough knowhow to be dangerous...

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets

maybe not but the potential to overdraw you alt is there, no? its not about charging batteries with extra its about trying to take whats not there.

if thats the case would my 90A bosch alt + 1 farad cap handle a us md2d @ 1500w @1ohm without frying anything?

im no guru just a bass lover with enough knowhow to be dangerous...

I 'overdraw' my alt by ~1000A on a regular basis... as long as you have enough batteries behind it you'll be fine. And in the case of a 1500w system, 1 decent battery is plenty.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived