I just started DJ'ing for some extra cash and I really need some headphones of my own instead of borrowing them from other people and sweating them up and risking breaking them.

Any suggestions? Hopefully something available in retail so I can get them by Wed for my next show. I know someone posted something about skullcandy ones for $50 that looked nice and I'm sure worked fine. These don't need to be super high fi, just transmit the clicks to me on a low monitor level (quietly really) so I can still hear the music playing out the speakers.

So far, I'm leaning towards these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Skullcandy+-+Hesh+Stereo+DJ+Headphones+-+Black/8483697.p?id=1186003259156&skuId=8483697&st=skullcandy

images-1.jpg

when i used to record alot of music i would always use these.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Studio+Monitor+Series+Headphones/4503923.p?id=1051806135345&skuId=4503923&st=sont%20headphones

cheap headphones and have a pretty good bass response.

You did say CHEAP. lol

Edited by z_ro

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

when i used to record alot of music i would always use these.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Studio+Monitor+Series+Headphones/4503923.p?id=1051806135345&skuId=4503923&st=sont%20headphones

cheap headphones and have a pretty good bass response.

You did say CHEAP. lol

Those actually look like they might work.

images-1.jpg

I would recommend not going with Skullcandy for DJing.

I mean, I'm all for Skullcandy, and own 5 pairs of them, but I don't see them as being quality DJing headphones, more of a recreational use headphone.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Those actually look like they might work.

Ya i work at a best buy and we have plenty of DJ style headphones the sonys arent bad but the skullcandys are really nice... But pretty much any of the over the ear ones will work for ya

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

I would recommend not going with Skullcandy for DJing.

I mean, I'm all for Skullcandy, and own 5 pairs of them, but I don't see them as being quality DJing headphones, more of a recreational use headphone.

But again, I don't see the point in spending tons of money on the headphones. Hell, the whole reason I'm DJ'ing in the first place is because I'm broke.. well and it's fun and a good way to be creative... but still. I'm going to have to DJ to pay for the headphones so I can DJ?

They don't do anything when you DJ other than transmit data from the monitor channel about the song you are mixing into the one currently playing. That is all. The only thing you want is them to not delay the signal, it doesn't have to be ultra hi quality.. but bass response is a must if there are no "clicks" in the upcoming song.

images-1.jpg

Skullcandy have the durability issue that scares me though. I have a huge head.

I have a huge head as well, and all of mine are holding up fine. (Not sure how big your head is, but I wear a 7 7/8 hat, so yeah.)

I don't have any experience with the Hesh model, but I have used GI, Skullcrushers, Icon/Recruit, Smokin' Buds, and Ink'd.

All of them are really nice, and hold up really well, and you might want to take a look at Skullcrushers. Wouldn't recommend GI for DJing, Icon/Recruit is small over the head style, and the other 2 are earbuds.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I have a huge head as well, and all of mine are holding up fine. (Not sure how big your head is, but I wear a 7 7/8 hat, so yeah.)

I don't have any experience with the Hesh model, but I have used GI, Skullcrushers, Icon/Recruit, Smokin' Buds, and Ink'd.

All of them are really nice, and hold up really well, and you might want to take a look at Skullcrushers. Wouldn't recommend GI for DJing, Icon/Recruit is small over the head style, and the other 2 are earbuds.

Haha, yeah? We have the same sized head. I've got a pair of the Ink'd ones too and they do hold up, despite my wasting them by falling asleep listening to books on tape which has worn them out considerably, however most other brands would have broken down completely by now. I fall asleep with headphones every night so i know durabiity haha.

Anyhow, I'm confused if you recommend them or not? The Hesh look to be comfortable and flexible enough in the right areas but I'm worried about the top part that alot of reviews on the best buy site people say wears out, cracks and eventually breaks.

images-1.jpg

I have used http://www.technooutlet.com/dhrh2c.html?source=GGAN for about 4 years. I used them so much everyday that I broke the wires about 3 months ago and now I have a new pair of the same ones. They are one of those things on the 10 top best buys on my life list.

They are very comfortable, and have great SQ.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.