Sundown Audio

Crescendo 3KWP Amp

moh.vze.com

well, just bought one of these, couldn't beat the price for whats on the inside of this amp.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow that is the exact same as the old style sundown 3k amps and for that price is nasty!!! and they even have specs at .5ohm, so therefore running it at .5 and voiding the warranty is not even an issue. its ugly but spl is spl let us know how you get on with this amp when it gets in!!!

edit: yea just to double check that- its listed 13.8v at .5ohm = 4kw for $550 sounds sweet to me

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

well, just bought one of these, couldn't beat the price for whats on the inside of this amp.

pics when you get it.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

wow that is the exact same as the old style sundown 3k amps and for that price is nasty!!! and they even have specs at .5ohm, so therefore running it at .5 and voiding the warranty is not even an issue. its ugly but spl is spl let us know how you get on with this amp when it gets in!!!

edit: yea just to double check that- its listed 13.8v at .5ohm = 4kw for $550 sounds sweet to me

The funny thing is that everyone keeps forgetting is when Sundown first came out, their prices where this cheap (if not cheaper) I thought the saz3000 went for $480 iirc.

And at the time Sundown also warrantied down to .5 ohms as well.

This is a new company trying to get their foot in the door.. Once they establish a great customer base these prices will be no longer and you will probably looking at close to the same price as the Sundown amps.

Personally, Ill take the Sundown style heatsink over the Cresendos do to the fact that Sundown tools their own heatsinks for their own amps, and arnt a mass produced heatsink for multiple companies to buy. Sundown Has made a few revisions to their heatsinks to improve heat distribution and cooling.

The funny thing is that everyone keeps forgetting is when Sundown first came out, their prices where this cheap (if not cheaper) I thought the saz3000 went for $480 iirc.

And at the time Sundown also warrantied down to .5 ohms as well.

This is a new company trying to get their foot in the door.. Once they establish a great customer base these prices will be no longer and you will probably looking at close to the same price as the Sundown amps.

Personally, Ill take the Sundown style heatsink over the Cresendos do to the fact that Sundown tools their own heatsinks for their own amps, and arnt a mass produced heatsink for multiple companies to buy. Sundown Has made a few revisions to their heatsinks to improve heat distribution and cooling.

tooling your own heat sink raises cost of the amp.

maybe thats why they are just using this mass produced one until they can aford to tool their own or whatever the case maybe?

:drinks:

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i totally agree the amp is on the ugly side but i didn't buy it for the looks, hopefully it will live up to my expectations power wise. sundown was my first choice they have a great product and everyone knows it no argument there either,but when things are tight the way they are you have to go for what you can afford and for me this just seemed to be the best bang for my buck.

i will def post pics, going to attempt my first build log. it will be a little slow going as i'm still waiting for some equipment and parts, plus with work i have to take advantage of my down time but we will get some pics up.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

I've read some reviews on Caraudioclassifieds, and they seem very beastly. Plus it's a Zenon based board, if they make a 4K amp I'm all over it. Plus I like the gold look, it's throwback...hell there were plenty of gold amps in the 90s

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I've read some reviews on Caraudioclassifieds, and they seem very beastly. Plus it's a Zenon based board, if they make a 4K amp I'm all over it. Plus I like the gold look, it's throwback...hell there were plenty of gold amps in the 90s

This^^^ And it has already been stated that they will be making larger amps shortly :) Their 4-channel is beast also

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Didn't know that...Good to know!!

I've seen their 4 channel amp once before I believe. Isn't it 1000.4?

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

Archived