irragi 300

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not too sure about "not even close" comment. An Iraggi employee with a 2000 Impala has our 300 amper on his car and it does 214 at idle with a 2" pulley. His car does idle a little higher than most... about 850-900 but does the amperage none the less.

its also an alternator that we completely designed and build. Not a bone stock Denso unit. We can throw rocks too.

Brian, unlike you I had all the trouble in the world with DC and is why I came to run an Iraggi in my car. I can go on and on as to why but in the end I was treated better by Iraggi and their product performed/fit in my application better than the DC. I was given the run around by DC just like the MAJORITY of people I read about on here. An alternator that was supposed to take a week to get to me took more than a month and in the time that Rob finally said he would ship me his alt Dom built and tested mine.

So it took DC over a month to build and ship me an alt. Not to mention that Rob used overnight shipping so hardly any of that time at all was with the alt in transit. Dom took 2 days to build my alt and even installed it for me in my car. Not to say that Rob wouldn't have installed it for me, but I'm sure that would have taken forever based on how long it took to get my alt :D

Performance wise the DC actually did more top end than what my Iraggi did. However my Iraggi was a 260 amp unit where as the DC was a 270 amp unit. The big surprise here is that the Iraggi actually beat the DC at idle where they claim to make their most power at. The Iraggi did 198 amps at idle where as the DC did 170 something only after it took forever to even turn the unit on to produce amperage at idle. It wouldn't even turn on for like 5-8 seconds after it was spinning for some reason.

So my story is the complete opposite of yours. I gave both companies a chance and there was one clear winner for me in every category. I don't go around bad mouthing DC either, but seems that you do with Iraggi. I could have easily dragged the DC name through the mud after my experience yet I chose to handle it in a mature way. Maybe you should not mention what bad a company has done to you in the forum where they are a supporting member of in the future. I guess I'm just passing this on to you since it was the same advice given to me when I had my bad experience with DC and was going about posting my review of the situation.

Now I don't believe that I'm biased at all as I had no alliances with either company prior to getting a DC alt for my car. It's the poor service and lack of a satisfactory product to run in my car that made my choice for me. Dom just happend to be there to clean up Rob's mess and won himself a loyal customer with a valued opinion in the online car audio community. I have never been a fanboy choosing to run a product just because it's popular or I want to try to fit in. In my mind that's what a fanboy is. I am what I see as an enthuasis for certain companies that have proved themselves to me.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I have a Iraggi amputator 260 and it is great, very powerful alternator. It was shipped fast and Dom has always answered all my questions in email and on the phone.

Lunar Amplifiers: L1500's x 8, L2125, L100X2, L55x2, L40x2 (2)

Digital Designs 9518G x 2

DDA-W 6.5 components

DDCX 4 x 4

DDCX 5x7 x 4

Iraggi Amputator 260

what do you fellers think about the Iraggi Dominator series?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Sorry for the reply.. Yes, it was biased, but your comparing apples to oranges.. Top end is top end, 300+ amps is more than 270, but idle output, forget it..

i didn't compare shit bud, as you can see i didn't start this thread. all I did was ask a simple question. Whats the difference? that's all i wanted to know.

I can say that i probably wont ever do business with DC. I emailed and emailed DC, I am pretty sure I even PM you. Never heard anything back, ever. I called Iraggi, the man answered the phone on the first ring. And even after I told him that i was not calling for myself but for a friend he stayed on the phone eager to help me, help my friend. Don offered great prices, Dom offered to fab up a dual alt bracket on the spot if we came down there, Dom offered to install and wire the new alts and offered to powder coat them and all at the cost of the alts and bracket. He did all this and managed to NOT bash the other guy.

As far as your biased opinion, you cant deny that you are biased....what company would dare say they are inferior to their competitor in an open forum?!? And what your getting twisted is the fact that I never said DC is better and i never said Iraggi is better. I just wanted to know why you said "not even close".

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i didn't compare shit bud, as you can see i didn't start this thread. all I did was ask a simple question. Whats the difference? that's all i wanted to know.

I can say that i probably wont ever do business with DC. I emailed and emailed DC, I am pretty sure I even PM you. Never heard anything back, ever. I called Iraggi, the man answered the phone on the first ring. And even after I told him that i was not calling for myself but for a friend he stayed on the phone eager to help me, help my friend. Don offered great prices, Dom offered to fab up a dual alt bracket on the spot if we came down there, Dom offered to install and wire the new alts and offered to powder coat them and all at the cost of the alts and bracket. He did all this and managed to NOT bash the other guy.

As far as your biased opinion, you cant deny that you are biased....what company would dare say they are inferior to their competitor in an open forum?!? And what your getting twisted is the fact that I never said DC is better and i never said Iraggi is better. I just wanted to know why you said "not even close".

^^^^^ Very True. people have different views and experiences from alternators. Some could put out 350 amps some might do less, some might do more, it just differs. What to look for in a alternator company is great support, service, and willing to help you out rather than try to hurry off the phone. It doesn't matter what alt you pick, companies can mess up at any time one alt might work, and the next one sent out might be bad, but good support will fix it and you will be on your way again. My 2 Cents i have talked to both companies over PM, and Dom has given me advice even for different alternator wiring, he will help out all he can even for someone running a totally different brand alt, instead of bashing.

Guest DC Power Rob

And I did reply to that very question above.. "Top end is top end, 300+ amps is more than 270, but idle output, forget it.." I didn't start bashing, the only thing I said was not even close, and then came back and posted why. I could get more in depth, go in to every detail and give you a whole laundry list of why, but it wouldn't serve any good purpose, only fuel the fire. But, in comparing what you asked, I can assure you like I said the difference is not even close..

And Dom, saying you have an employee that has a 300 amp alternator that does 200 + at idle, but then saying "His car does idle a little higher than most... about 850-900" is pretty much saying that it will only do that at 900 RPM... That would like me saying my truck will do 250 at idle, mine just idles at 900 RPM and the alternator is turning 3400 RPM not 2000 like a normal car.. Way to skew the numbers...

Archived