irragi 300

Guest DC Power Rob

a quick search came up with this Kyles 270 XP

And just FYI, that was on Kyle's old Avalon, even idling at 650 with the 6.5" crank.. That alternator on any GM, Ford, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep V6 or V8 will throw 200 at idle and laugh all the way...

And just FYI, that was on Kyle's old Avalon, even idling at 650 with the 6.5" crank.. That alternator on any GM, Ford, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep V6 or V8 will throw 200 at idle and laugh all the way...

6.5"/1.8"alt pulley=3.61 pulley ratio.. X 650 rpm equals 2347 alternator rpm. Thats high. You even said so in your other post. Hmmm

Guest DC Power Rob

The idle rpm numbers from vehicle to vehicle are all over the place. The average is close to 750 rpm but knowing the average is not good enough. Some are much higher and some much lower. As far as the "even your smart enough to know that" comment... You have no idea...

"Vintage" Impala? Vintage is more like a 63 or 64 Impala.. Not a 2000 model. And yes... they do idle at 900-1000 rpm after warming up. My 94 Grand Prix is the same. 950 after warmup.

I was giving an example of output on a certain car. Not a Toyota. Maybe next time Ill post every car I have ever build an alt for and post all the numbers. Would that make you happy? :)

My employee now has dual 300's on his Vintage 2000 Impala. You want those vids?

Im not going to sit here and argue with you about everything. Dont have the time. Not enough hours in the day.

I said "that vintage", as in that year range of vehicles, not "vintage" as in '63-'64 classics.. ;) If you want to post up some more vids, have at it.. They're always entertaining....

6.5"/1.8"alt pulley=3.61 pulley ratio.. X 650 rpm equals 2347 alternator rpm. Thats high. You even said so in your other post. Hmmm

It is on the higher side of average, but still, perfectly normal and well within reason.. But, to draw a comparison I'm showing 190+ at NORMAL 650 RPM idle on a TOYOTA V6, (2350 alt RPM) and your comparing that against 950 engine idle with a 7.5" crank (7.5/2=3.75*950=950*3.75=3562 alt RPM) which even you will admit is WORLDS apart... It's not the same, not even close, as in, not even comparison worthy.. A blind monkey could build an alternator that would make 200 at 3500 alt RPM "idle"...

moar.jpg

This is awesome! Two titans of the alternator industry going head-to-head in what can only be described as lots of seemingly harmless words with horrid angry and biting undertones.

I think Dom's winning so far. We'll see what Rob follows with. I fear Kyle may show up and make this a 2 on 1 confrontation. But a 2:1 pulley ratio would give us less RPM's at the alternator! Less output at idle?!? FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

objection.jpg

NO false advertising allowed! The forum rules state:

Racism/ Racist Slurs

We dont want it here or need it here! Enough said!

So no more racist slurs!!! I don't want to hear it!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

It's not the same, not even close, as in, not even comparison worthy.. A blind monkey could build an alternator that would make 200 at 3500 alt RPM "idle"...

SUPERIOR COMEBACKS!!!!

Dom attacks with proven mathematics, Rob counters with...

stfu.jpg

Well played sir... well played...

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I said "that vintage", as in that year range of vehicles, not "vintage" as in '63-'64 classics.. ;) If you want to post up some more vids, have at it.. They're always entertaining....

It is on the higher side of average, but still, perfectly normal and well within reason.. But, to draw a comparison I'm showing 190+ at NORMAL 650 RPM idle on a TOYOTA V6, (2350 alt RPM) and your comparing that against 950 engine idle with a 7.5" crank (7.5/2=3.75*950=950*3.75=3562 alt RPM) which even you will admit is WORLDS apart... It's not the same, not even close, as in, not even comparison worthy.. A blind monkey could build an alternator that would make 200 at 3500 alt RPM "idle"...

This gets old really quick.. Arguing with your 12 yr old is acceptable because they are your own.. Aruging with someone elses 12 yr old is just plain annoying. Im done arguing with you. Its obvious that we dont like each other so how about you keep your opinions to yourself and Ill keep mine.

Guest DC Power Rob

This gets old really quick.. Arguing with your 12 yr old is acceptable because they are your own.. Aruging with someone elses 12 yr old is just plain annoying. Im done arguing with you. Its obvious that we dont like each other so how about you keep your opinions to yourself and Ill keep mine.

You just cant accept that I'm right... I'm down with that... It's hard to admit when your wrong..

You just cant accept that I'm right... I'm down with that... It's hard to admit when your wrong..

What a troll move. Sorry Rob, Dom wins this round. Not saying his alts are better, but this whole thread he acted like an automotive professional and you acted like a teenager posting on YouTube comments. Saying his stuff sucks does not mean your stuff is good, and that's exactly what you did.

wtf is lolcats?

Archived