irragi 300

Thanks Tyler. :)

You ever get any pics of your alt? Or even get your alt?

If your talknig to me I got it just cant seem to post pics on the forum

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

humm, I sent in a 300 amp.

So I got a downgrade?

I didnt say paint was bad. Did I??

And you did not "repair" the alt i sent in, this is a brand new case.

Pulley dia. nope i run the same 1.8" pulley on all my alts.

Yep same truck, MY truck.

I had a DC alt on there, when I got yours back, I swapped it out.

maybe my scope is brokenz

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If your talknig to me I got it just cant seem to post pics on the forum

Different Tyler. Sorry

humm, I sent in a 300 amp.

So I got a downgrade?

I didnt say paint was bad. Did I??

And you did not "repair" the alt i sent in, this is a brand new case.

Pulley dia. nope i run the same 1.8" pulley on all my alts.

Yep same truck, MY truck.

I had a DC alt on there, when I got yours back, I swapped it out.

maybe my scope is brokenz

The alt you sent in was a 220. Its still here on the shelf. I already had a 220 on the shelf ready to go so I sent that one instead of repairing your original one... So not a downgrade. If anything, you got an upgrade. Brand new painted/machined alt. Not bad for a customer that buys from another alt manufacturer now and has for over a year. :)

The term "spray paint" sounded a little derogatory. Maybe I overreacted. LOL.

So you used an O'Scope to measure the current of the alt? How did you do that? A Scope measures frequency, phase and amplitude. Not current.

You also said it was for a "normal customer".... Now you say its YOUR truck. Just smells a little fishy to me.

Irragi Has Thumbs Up And Flaws............... Dc Power Has Thumbs Up And Flaws, Name 1 Alternator company that doesn't, so instead of yall arguing back and forth about pulley sizes, ratios, and other stuff why not just chill and appreciate yalls alternator builds instead of bashing each others. Yall do what yall are good at by building alts, and get paid to do it, as long as you get plenty of customers and lots of good reviews who cares which one is better. Its the same as subs you can get 2 fis for the price of a w7, but it someone wants a w7 let him get it, its the consumers choice

The alt you sent in was a 220. Its still here on the shelf. I already had a 220 on the shelf ready to go so I sent that one instead of repairing your original one... So not a downgrade. If anything, you got an upgrade. Brand new painted/machined alt. Not bad for a customer that buys from another alt manufacturer now and has for over a year. :)

The term "spray paint" sounded a little derogatory. Maybe I overreacted. LOL.

So you used an O'Scope to measure the current of the alt? How did you do that? A Scope measures frequency, phase and amplitude. Not current.

You also said it was for a "normal customer".... Now you say its YOUR truck. Just smells a little fishy to me.

Well that's 1 of the alts off the hummer. You told me they were 300's, now you say 220.. and you wonder why I order from someone else now??

At first you said you repaired the 1 I sent in, now you say you didn't....

Where I buy product or from who I buy product "should" be irrelevant right now. You know I run a business, and when I couldn't get ahold of you I still have to make the sale, which means finding someone that WANTS to make money.

Yes I use a scope on pretty much everything.

My Fluke 123 is 2ch, A ch. I use for voltage probe, B ch. has my amp clamp plugged into it.

As far as "normal customer"....... Am I some weird alien kind of guy?? Am I not a customer of yours?

Well I suppose you did get that right, I WAS a customer of yours, but after you selling me 220amp alts when i pay for 300's, no longer will "WE" do business.

And not just 1 300 amp alt guys, I have ordered 6-7 large case GM (300) amp alts or so I thought.

O well, live and learn I suppose.

I think I could have saved myself alot of hassle and just "scoped" (clamped) all the alts I received from you from the beginning.

Sad to see you do this to a shop, where-as they order multiple alts from you, hate to see what you do to 1-timers like these internet guys.

I have never ordered anything but 300's from you DOM

And your paint job chips during shipping, just an FYI.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Irragi Has Thumbs Up And Flaws............... Dc Power Has Thumbs Up And Flaws, Name 1 Alternator company that doesn't, so instead of yall arguing back and forth about pulley sizes, ratios, and other stuff why not just chill and appreciate yalls alternator builds instead of bashing each others. Yall do what yall are good at by building alts, and get paid to do it, as long as you get plenty of customers and lots of good reviews who cares which one is better. Its the same as subs you can get 2 fis for the price of a w7, but it someone wants a w7 let him get it, its the consumers choice

Couldnt have said it better. :)

Im just saying whatever you sent in was a 220. Ill look up all your old work orders and see what you actually ordered. I dont really remember. Your last order was shipped FEB of 09. July 08 Before that.

Just about everything you have said in this post is twisted. From your testing to what car its for.. to what amperage you were supposed to get. And you did order some 220's I found atleast 3 of them.

I agree. I was hard to get ahold of for a while. Growing pains I guess. Still not an excuse. Not an issue anymore.

We have been selling high amp alternators for around 12-13 years. Do you really think we would be as big as we are if we did what your saying? I dont think so. Bad news flies around on the net a million times faster than the good.

What part of the alt was chipped? It may have been from sitting next to some other alts for awhile. That was another customers alt that decided to get triple 300's instead of 220's.

Well that's 1 of the alts off the hummer. You told me they were 300's, now you say 220.. and you wonder why I order from someone else now??

At first you said you repaired the 1 I sent in, now you say you didn't....

Where I buy product or from who I buy product "should" be irrelevant right now. You know I run a business, and when I couldn't get ahold of you I still have to make the sale, which means finding someone that WANTS to make money.

Yes I use a scope on pretty much everything.

My Fluke 123 is 2ch, A ch. I use for voltage probe, B ch. has my amp clamp plugged into it.

As far as "normal customer"....... Am I some weird alien kind of guy?? Am I not a customer of yours?

Well I suppose you did get that right, I WAS a customer of yours, but after you selling me 220amp alts when i pay for 300's, no longer will "WE" do business.

And not just 1 300 amp alt guys, I have ordered 6-7 large case GM (300) amp alts or so I thought.

O well, live and learn I suppose.

I think I could have saved myself alot of hassle and just "scoped" (clamped) all the alts I received from you from the beginning.

Sad to see you do this to a shop, where-as they order multiple alts from you, hate to see what you do to 1-timers like these internet guys.

I have never ordered anything but 300's from you DOM

And your paint job chips during shipping, just an FYI.

Well i had both..

The Iraggi 300 amp was dynoed at 3 different companies and all 3 companies tested it in the 200-230ish range max

The DC Power I had just sold tested well over 200amps at idle and right around 300amps max at 2000rpm.

Completely walked all over my old mechman unit, but then again thats a comparison of a $550 alt vs a $350 alt.

DC Power Has excellent customer service during normal business hours, and what catches me buy surprise is that even after hours its very easy to get a hold of Robbie and Kyle, and have any issues, concerns answered by email, Instant message, or their cells.

They are always looking for a way to get your electrical to the max, and offer great upgrades!

But this is just another biased post as some would say from a person thats been on this site before it even had 500 members, and ran almost every alternator out there.

Ditto. Minus the last line. Edit: also minus the iraggi experience line. two sides to the same awesome coin if you ask me (dc power and iraggi)

I give my electrical a good 500+ amp draw and my lil 270sp paired with a couple batteries keeps my voltage in a good healthy range.

Heck the alt will draw down on my motor when i'm pushing it and drop my revs 500 rpm . That's one mean lil alt! :wub:

Edit 2: Wish I had read the whole thread first else I wouldn't have bumped this. straight up honest when I picked DC it was because of customer service reputation. Iraggi has done a tremendous job of improving that rep since then and I don't know that I could choose a company if I had to on my own now.

How is my testing twisted? Because I use 1 device to do 2 tasks? Is my fluke not good enough?

As far as me ordering 3 220's.. I lol'ed DOM

I said all cs144 frames were all 300's

We did a small case 95 chevy that was a 220 that was NOT a cs144 frame.

I'll stop now, my little woes about how you do business wont affect alot of people from ordering from you.

At least I know Im getting what I pay for now, and more important, My customers get what they pay for.

Couldnt have said it better. :)

Im just saying whatever you sent in was a 220. Ill look up all your old work orders and see what you actually ordered. I dont really remember. Your last order was shipped FEB of 09. July 08 Before that.

Just about everything you have said in this post is twisted. From your testing to what car its for.. to what amperage you were supposed to get. And you did order some 220's I found atleast 3 of them.

I agree. I was hard to get ahold of for a while. Growing pains I guess. Still not an excuse. Not an issue anymore.

We have been selling high amp alternators for around 12-13 years. Do you really think we would be as big as we are if we did what your saying? I dont think so. Bad news flies around on the net a million times faster than the good.

What part of the alt was chipped? It may have been from sitting next to some other alts for awhile. That was another customers alt that decided to get triple 300's instead of 220's.

i thought the alternator pissing matches were over? gettin tired of reading it.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived