• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those people that died, that called 911, they must have all been lying when they said they could NOT turn the car off, brakes did NOT work, and could NOT shift to neutral...

That video is right, it has to be, its on the internet. :rolleyes:

Reading is fundamental. He was saying you cannot shift from drive to neutral...not saying those people could not. Wasn't questioning if the dead people could or could...was showing that you can shift from drive to neutral. Thanks, come again.

I mean besides, My Toyota will shift from drive to neutral..maybe my car is broken?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Toyota is to blame for the problem but people are seriously very dumb and have no common sense in an emergency.

I agree with Steve on this one. However, if the vehicle WILL NOT allow you to place the transmition in nuetral during normal driving, that is a problem. The brakes and emergency brake are not powerful enough to stop the car, period, under full power.

I will never buy a totoya after hearing about all these problems. Also, who in their right minds has to worry " Oh, I better be prepared to put my car in neutral while driving 75, incase the car goes crazy and accelerates to 120 mph" ( A CHP Officer who was killed when his 2007 Lexus ES 330 accelerated to 120+mph and crashed). Remember, people panic when put in these kinds of situations. That car will accelerate from 75 to 100 in a heartbeat.

I'll stick with my Nissan and Acura. At least they do no go crazy. I would never feel comfortable driving a toyota for any reason, risking my life or the life of my family or friends. And for anybody talking about reliability, it's not worth it, if the car goes crazy and kills me or my passangers.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

what i was saying is if the throttle is at full throttle the trans will not shift outta neutral. sure you can put it there but the electronic solenoids that actually shift the trans wont allow it. doing it at normal load highway speeds is fine. but floor your toyota and keep it floored and see if it shifts outta neutral.

another thing.. the brakes.. a prius makes what a whopping 120 hp if that? all four disc brakes (pedal + emergency) should have no problem stopping the car..

p.s i have been known to be wrong before lol

Edited by chewie

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

toyotas are infact good cars, probably one of most reliable cars actually. And i hate to burst ur bubbles but it was the toyotas made here in the USA that have the gas pedal problem. All the toyotas made in JAPAN are fine. My gf has a brand new corolla and she went to the dealer and thats what they told her.

thats what i was wondering about,like how come we havent heard about any of these incidents in the UK or Japan or anything like that,

if this is true, it just makes us look even worse, cause i thought it was all toyotas around the world but wasnt sure,

i was on beltway 8 in Houston driving a manual chevy s-10, but i was going kind of slow because i was about to pull up to a toll booth, and my shoelaces somehow got stuck on the accelerator and i was panicing, i cant imagine going 100+ on a freeway, trying to hold the brakes and trying to shift into neutral but not working, pshhh forget it, have none of these people tried the E-brake???

9515g

xa-3000s

It absolutely sucks that these recalls have to be made in the first place.

For the first time in a while i'm glad i drive a Honda...

Now if only i could stop worrying about it getting stolen. :( lol

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

My choice is simple and toyota made it for me.

I will stick with honda, nissan or acura for my future vehicle purchases. I don't care to be bothered with the " I better shift into neutral, brake with both feet, while pulling the Emergency Brake (otherwise I will be told I am stupid) while going 90mph in traffic, in order to save my life" Syndrome.

Hope that was good for a LOL guys..........haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by redbaron80

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

what i was saying is if the throttle is at full throttle the trans will not shift outta neutral. sure you can put it there but the electronic solenoids that actually shift the trans wont allow it. doing it at normal load highway speeds is fine. but floor your toyota and keep it floored and see if it shifts outta neutral.

another thing.. the brakes.. a prius makes what a whopping 120 hp if that? all four disc brakes (pedal + emergency) should have no problem stopping the car..

p.s i have been known to be wrong before lol

The guy the other day used his brakes(pedal and emergency) to stop..although he never tried neutral. Interesting though. I just wonder when these cars are accelerating out of control, if it is full throttle or not. Hmm Maybe I'll try shifting mine from while full throttle to see what it does. :ph34r:

Not only is reading fundamental, but so is comprehension...

If by he, you are referring to Chewie, ok, but I quoted you and your link. The link to the Toyota salesman named SEAN, who said HE could shift, and brake while driving the car. So, I am saying that must be true, and all those dead people lied, when they said they COULD NOT DO THIS IN THEIR VEHICLES... So, I dont know, and never claimed to know weather or not the Toyotas will or will not shift from D to N while accelerating... Understand now? :)

Uhh..what? I quoted chewie and you're arguing something we weren't discussing. :unsure:

Our discussion was solely the drive to neutral, not dead people who claimed to have tried neutral..so carry on.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

well in a run away situation yea its definitely preventable....and probably simple.

BUT

what happens when you are in traffic?

In traffic u speed up and need to stop right away....and if you guys are telling me that in a single instant u can realize the pedal is stuck, then throw it in neutral and then stop the car before rear ending the guy in front then u guys are some amazing drivers.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D