Sonic Electronix

i know some of the new amps, infinity for example, will automatically back down the output until voltage is stabilized or until the amp cools down. not sure if the kenwoods have the same feature. I know that i've had problems with that amp getting very hot though, had it wired to 2 ohms on some D2 CVR's and it ran toasty.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

If i had to guess i would say it is the amp. The gains are probably set all kinds of fucked up.

We had the EXACT same setup.

When i had my 9104D with my diamond d3's it did the same thing on notes that were lower then my tuning.

Like it cuts out and then a few seconds later cuts back in.

After i got my sundown i didn't have that problem.

Likewise i would advise upgrading ALL electrical.(BIG 3, in the very least THICK ass 4 Gauge, and possibly a bigger battery. I dont know enough about your ride to tell you what exactly it could be.

well would you reccomend putting my frequency lower? im pretty sure its between 60-70 somewhere

and i cant upgrade that stuff so unless theres an easy cheap fix or something then im screwed on it. and it never used to do it until i lowered my frequency from 100+ to between 60-70 and lowered my gain from 3/4

but since somebody said it shouldnt have anything to do with that then i dont know. but yeah it happens when it hits very loud its like it loses power every time it hits loud

like on trunk bang it doesnt happen on the lowest notes it seems to get quieter after the note that goes boom boom in between the low notes if that makes sense

Edited by deeemc

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

well would you reccomend putting my frequency lower? im pretty sure its between 60-70 somewhere

and i cant upgrade that stuff so unless theres an easy cheap fix or something then im screwed on it. and it never used to do it until i lowered my frequency from 100+ to between 60-70 and lowered my gain from 3/4

but since somebody said it shouldnt have anything to do with that then i dont know. but yeah it happens when it hits very loud its like it loses power every time it hits loud

like on trunk bang it doesnt happen on the lowest notes it seems to get quieter after the note that goes boom boom in between the low notes if that makes sense

whats your bass boost and gain set to exactly? (or even a round about estimate would do.)

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

First off, what do you have for electrical? Power ground size? Big 3 done? Any upgraded/extra batteries? Also, you don't really need an alt. I only have big 3, power & ground cables in 0/1 and an extra battery and I can play full tilt and dip into low 13s sometimes high 12s on a heavy bass note and that's with an AQ 2200D. Another thing to do is recheck all your wiring, especially check your ground. Find a real good contact place, sand the crap out of that area then bolt it down. Lastly, once everything is checked, play that boosted cd you used to fuck dude's JL's with and test your system! LAWL.

Also, people are saying your amp is cutting, it's because it isn't getting enough "electrical" help.

Edited by k3n12ock

whats your bass boost and gain set to exactly? (or even a round about estimate would do.)

it was 0 bass boost and 3/4 gain but the guy who changed it said gain was way too high so im assuming he lowered it but im not sure what to. and i have no idea if he touched the bass boost. id have to go outside and check but im really sick right now so i cant do it right now, maybe later.

First off, what do you have for electrical? Power ground size? Big 3 done? Any upgraded/extra batteries? Also, you don't really need an alt. I only have big 3, power & ground cables in 0/1 and an extra battery and I can play full tilt and dip into low 13s sometimes high 12s on a heavy bass note and that's with an AQ 2200D. Another thing to do is recheck all your wiring, especially check your ground. Find a real good contact place, sand the crap out of that area then bolt it down. Lastly, once everything is checked, play that boosted cd you used to fuck dude's JL's with and test your system! LAWL.

Also, people are saying your amp is cutting, it's because it isn't getting enough "electrical" help.

i have no idea. no upgrades or anything that have happened since i got the car but an optima battery was in it and i dont think that its stock

IMG_0519.jpg

oh and the guy at ultimate electronics about shit his pants when he saw my ground and started complaining about how the guy who set it up put my ground in a bad place ( its screwed onto a piece of metal at the top back in my trunk and he didnt sand it or anything) but he didnt move it so could that be a problem? i could try to get pics later of where its at.

the ground is the brown wire and i have no idea what size it is but maybe this picture can help determine the size?

IMG_0521.jpg

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

oh and the guy at ultimate electronics about shit his pants when he saw my ground and started complaining about how the guy who set it up put my ground in a bad place ( its screwed onto a piece of metal at the top back in my trunk and he didnt sand it or anything) but he didnt move it so could that be a problem? i could try to get pics later of where its at.

Don't forget, Ultimate Electronics is purely on commission. Think Best Buy, just saying whatever the fuck they want. There's plenty out of people that tell you things and leave things out for an easy 30-50 bucks.

Regardless, sand that shit and put it on the bottom of the trunk instead. You know, cause of gravity.

Anyways GL homie I think my electrical is pretty bad too, this thread actually moved me to buy a new battery and do my big 3