Second Skin Audio

I am buying a temp system to hold me over till I get my SS 18 and im looking at either a fully loaded btl 18 ( comes with a ported box) $350 or 2 15" EarthQuake DBXi 15D's in a ported box also $350. I dont know too much about either and after researching them both for a few hours im kinda at a fork in the road. Which with be the best in terms of just SLAMMMING and them perdy mega lows =D

Saving for the xxx18, xxx15000d batterys alts mids highs blah blah blah

well the math would say do the 2 15's for more cone area thus moving more air. but do you have the power requirements to do 2 subs? there are a few things to think about when doing this. cost (as its a temp setup)ohm loads for single or dual subs and power available.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

I am buying a temp system to hold me over till I get my SS 18 and im looking at either a fully loaded btl 18 ( comes with a ported box) $350 or 2 15" EarthQuake DBXi 15D's in a ported box also $350. I dont know too much about either and after researching them both for a few hours im kinda at a fork in the road. Which with be the best in terms of just SLAMMMING and them perdy mega lows =D

I'd personally just hang on to the money and wait to get whatever your planned system is. Temp systems are only good if everything was free or extremly EXTREMLY cheap

I'd personally just hang on to the money and wait to get whatever your planned system is. Temp systems are only good if everything was free or extremly EXTREMLY cheap

i agree with that too!!!! keep the cash and buy what you really want! my temp system is just stuff i had in the garage until i can do a total overhaul again with all of the gear i want.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

lol yeah I was going to wait but my system is going to be atleast $4500 just for the sub and amp, soundstream xx18 and soundstream xxx15000d plus batts mids highs so 6 grand total id say so its gunna take some time and i NEEEEEED bass haha you kn ow us bass heads without our bass it blows to drive around

Saving for the xxx18, xxx15000d batterys alts mids highs blah blah blah

lol yeah I was going to wait but my system is going to be atleast $4500 just for the sub and amp, soundstream xx18 and soundstream xxx15000d plus batts mids highs so 6 grand total id say so its gunna take some time and i NEEEEEED bass haha you kn ow us bass heads without our bass it blows to drive around

and by simply waiting, you're a whopping $350 closer to your goal.

i'm not saying don't do it. just saying ~i~ wouldn't.

hahahaha yeah i have been driving myself nuts too! my grand cherokee needs a complete update. i took my "temp system" and put it in the wifes car for some decent sound cus she is not a total bass head like me! and gutted the wiring and back part of the grand. i found the door speakers are now trash and i had a temp h/u ever since my clarion 7" touch screen took a dump! that pissed me off 1200 bucks and just after a year it craps out. no more warrantee. lol. so yeah i have been driving arround going crazy too. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Well I think it would be best to take the 18 out because you had a point 2 15s is more cone then one 18, I did just find 2 08 15 l7s or 300 so its between the earthquake 15s and the l7's

then it comes down to power requirements and what you have or what you can find for cheap.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops