Blackedout's DAT 08 Civic SI trunk rebuild UPDATES 10/15/2011 NEW VID!

Get jizzob in sf and the kar can sit in da shop awhile while I burn a few cigars on a way to get a 50 out of it. :ninja:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I tried to look in the pictures, but how/where did you run the RCA's and front speaker wire? Did you drill a hole through the sheet metal between the cabin and the trunk? That's something I realized, you can't run the wires through that opening anymore if you seal it off lol. Also when running the speaker wire, will there be any interference with them and the RCA's, will they pick up any from the power wire?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I tried to look in the pictures, but how/where did you run the RCA's and front speaker wire? Did you drill a hole through the sheet metal between the cabin and the trunk? That's something I realized, you can't run the wires through that opening anymore if you seal it off lol. Also when running the speaker wire, will there be any interference with them and the RCA's, will they pick up any from the power wire?

Speaker wires, RCA, and power wire were routed prior to the box buld. Speaker wires are run along the passenger and driver side in the carpet. RCAs are run down the middle of the car. Power is run on the driver side outside of the car. Ground is run on the passenger side outside of the car.

When we first built the car, there was no noise. After a couple years now theres a slight alternator whine. Something I'll have to get to the bottom of when this gets torn down. Might look forward to some little changes in December / January. I have some 12s to play with.

Get jizzob in sf and the kar can sit in da shop awhile while I burn a few cigars on a way to get a 50 out of it. :ninja:

I want a 165 out of the trunk. Budget build. If you can't do it, I might have to find an installer that smokes better cigars and drinks cups of whiskey straight.

Speaker wires, RCA, and power wire were routed prior to the box buld. Speaker wires are run along the passenger and driver side in the carpet. RCAs are run down the middle of the car. Power is run on the driver side outside of the car. Ground is run on the passenger side outside of the car.

When we first built the car, there was no noise. After a couple years now theres a slight alternator whine. Something I'll have to get to the bottom of when this gets torn down. Might look forward to some little changes in December / January. I have some 12s to play with.

How did you get them all back to the amplifiers? I didn't see any wires going through the mdf. So did you cut sheet metal or

Edit: I am referring to where the enter the trunk. iirc the power and ground just had holes drilled into the trunk, but I wasn't sure about you speaker wires and RCAs

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

How did you get them all back to the amplifiers? I didn't see any wires going through the mdf. So did you cut sheet metal or

Edit: I am referring to where the enter the trunk. iirc the power and ground just had holes drilled into the trunk, but I wasn't sure about you speaker wires and RCAs

His were routed in under the box on both sides.

p1010131v.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Thanks! that was exactly what I was looking for

Archived