Blackedout's DAT 08 Civic SI trunk rebuild UPDATES 10/15/2011 NEW VID!

Clarity of the sub stage still impresses the hell out of me every time I get in the car. I still haven't found a song that is muddy with this setup.

On a side note, gave a 15 minute demo tonight, got a chance to feel the amp right after beating on it for that time, needless to say...... I'm highly impressed. The amp was literally COLD. Not Luke warm, not warm..... COLD like the body panels on the car tonight. Before I turned up the amp, we calculated 1620 watts. Without actually calculating the current wattage, I'm estimating 1800. Even at a conservative 1800, I'd expect the amp to have a little warmth in it. Nothing though. Bet my tweeter amp was warmer than this amp after the demo.

Subs are still taking the power for now. Maybe once I file my taxes and get my return, I'll have some new subs to really beat on this car/ amp/ setup...... But so far, this is doing the trick. Traveling on the interstate really makes you appreciate a nice, musical system.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those poor subs :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Couple pictures of the dash area.

p1010159c.jpg

p1010160.jpg

Flush mount tweeters, done by yours truly.

p1010163i.jpg

Never took a picture with the deck lid on, but this is what it looks like daily.....

p1010167s.jpg

I took a video too, but it ended up being kinda lame.... I'll try to get another this week.

I'm in the running for SOTM so all votes are appreciated!

I never thought the dash would look good without a stock h/u, but it actually looks nice. very good turnout! i definately wanna hear this sometime!

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I never thought the dash would look good without a stock h/u, but it actually looks nice. very good turnout! i definately wanna hear this sometime!

Thanks man, it took some work to get it to look like that. There's a little thing I want to change that should make it look even better, but it's a very clean looking single din setup for an 8th gen. I don't see many single dins if any at all that are clean in this specific car.

I'll be in the 916 again for sure... You'll probably hear this thing before too long.

Hell yea i like the look of those 2 large Memphis 15's being sealed off and firing forward. Nice work guys very very clean work

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

• 2 weeks later...

Archived