Sonic Electronix

SEE MY RE AUDIO MX's Catch on fire

So heres the story,

I had these subs for about 3 months now. I honestly taguht it was the burning cuz it went to warranty 3 times in the past year.

but no worries we learn from our mistakes, its all good cuz its covered in da warranty lol.

A warranty does not cover a persons foolish moves, nor abuse. A warranty is for common malfunctions due to bad parts or build quality.

All it takes is a $10 walmart dmm to get your gains set halfway decent. For almost any stereo amplifier your gains should never be over half, and maybe 1/3 to 1/2 bassboost at max. Its almost common sense I thought.

You are being dishonest replacing a pair of subs for your own mistakes and this is not the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd time. Its the 4th... The company is going to know your doing something horribly wrong. And I think RE Audio should be aware of this before giving you another set of woofers to mess up.

1, That is not a way to set gain. half way up has no fucking meaning

2, They should cut your from being a distributor, you obviously dont know the basics,

and you dont 'need' and oscope to set gains

dont rockfords have like 1-10 or some numbers like that on the gain deal? so halfway would be 5 correct? idk ima noob too so educate away.

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

no problem i just dont see what you've done thats so wrong.. ive set fire to a clarion 10 and used water to put it out in the trunk amp was in the back seat so i guess i fail to:)

thanks agian , They gotta remeber I am new to this i did whatever i had to save my car i rather have F****** up system then a F****** up car :)

it said it was the amp not the subs audiofanitcz... first pair of subs

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

A warranty does not cover a persons foolish moves, nor abuse. A warranty is for common malfunctions due to bad parts or build quality.

All it takes is a $10 walmart dmm to get your gains set halfway decent. For almost any stereo amplifier your gains should never be over half, and maybe 1/3 to 1/2 bassboost at max. Its almost common sense I thought.

You are being dishonest replacing a pair of subs for your own mistakes and this is not the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd time. Its the 4th... The company is going to know your doing something horribly wrong. And I think RE Audio should be aware of this before giving you another set of woofers to mess up.

this is the very first time i ever burned an RE subwoofer where the hell did you get 4 from ?

this is the very first time i ever burned an RE subwoofer where the hell did you get 4 from ?

your attitude sucks more balls than a Vietnamese hooker.

everyone on here is TRYING to help you out but you take it to offense?

psh.

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

just because your subs burnt doesnt mean your amp is under rated. It means u clipped it to shit....that doesnt make the amp in the least bit under rated.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

1, That is not a way to set gain. half way up has no fucking meaning

2, They should cut your from being a distributor, you obviously dont know the basics,

and you dont 'need' and oscope to set gains

That may be true, and it probobly is I still wouldnt know, I called up larry @ tech support @ US Amps and he said "The only way to Properly set gains on amp is with a oscilloscope that is the only way you can tell if it is clipping even if its not audible "

just because your subs burnt doesnt mean your amp is under rated. It means u clipped it to shit....that doesnt make the amp in the least bit under rated.

Very ture ,i called US Amps tech support and they told me i got to use a oscilloscope to set my gains

Archived