a friend suggested to get a bigger alt so he said he would get it for me a 250 amp alt for 325$

you dont know what kind though?

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

a friend suggested to get a bigger alt so he said he would get it for me a 250 amp alt for 325$

Sounds like you don't have good idle amperage at all. Any specs on the Alt?? What is your voltage when you are at 1k to 2k rpm

Which xs battery would you recommend

Shuriken batteries are pretty good, very similar to Kenetik, but cheaper. When I was looking for batteries this brand name was given to me often, and if you look online or ask around this forum i'm sure you could find a killer deal on one or more....XS power over all is by far a better battery though if you decide to go that route.

Edited by victor8881

HU: Kenwood KDC-MP745U.

Sub: AQ HDC 15

Amp: Hifonics BXi 1610D for sub, ZXi 6410 for mids highs

Speakers: 6.5 premium MB Quarts components,6.5 MB Quart premium coaxial back doors

Wiring: KLMX Kable 1/0g for Big 3.Double up 4g from battery to trunk...for now.

Big 3: YUP!

Battery: Shuriken SK-BT35 to the trunk.

Randoms: Flush mounted Stinger blue digital voltmeter. Flush mounted Memphis 7band EQ- 16-EQ50. phoenix gold 2 channel line driver.

you're better off buying a different amp.

i had a brutus 2610 on 158AH of battery power with a 170amp alternator and i still had drop into the 12s, maybe even high 11s.

getting new batteries would help you out, and getting a new alt will help out.

the hifonics are just piss poor when it comes to efficiency. my DAT 2500 didnt take my voltage lower than 12.7, and it puts out atleast 1000 more RMS than that hifonics ever did.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

I've got a 170amp alt, a kinteik 1400, 1800, and 2400 with pos/neg run of 1/0 and my voltage dips to 12.4 full tilt at stop lights (700rpm idle). And I'm getting every bit of wattage out of that amp, even a little clipping. I think you might wanna test them yellow tops out, might have a bad one.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

damn dude your alt sucks and you dont know who it is lol well it could be that your alt isnt supporting your system righ>have you checked your batteries to see how they are holding up you may have a bad one.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.