Second Skin Audio

How to cut 45's for sub box bracing?

im in the middle of makin my sub box for my BTL and i thought i could make sum 45's to brace a few spots, but seems i cant do it right to make it fit good. if i could get sum tips this would help thanks. also im using my porter cable hand saw that has the adjustable guard already marked for 45

Edited by Sactownbully84

2001 Grand AM

Pioneer UB4000 HU

Tsunami / Monster Wire's

DC POWER INC 260SP ALT w/ XS Power VCM

BIG 3 All 1/0 Monster 400 + YT Under Hood

Stinger SPV70 x2 in Trunk

4x SA-10's On There Way soon i hope

SS XXX-4000D @ .7ohm 3K+

RF Power 4x6's & 6x9's Monsoon Powered

PG TL22 Line Driver

148.7db @ 35-45hz sweep w/ 12" BTL

The only problem with using the guide on the saw is most of the time they are inaccurate, so basically what you need to do is get an angle finder or a degree wheel and make sure that your saw is really at 45 degrees as opposed to the gauge saying it is 45 degrees. Porter Cable is an awesome saw though. It is also easier to use a table saw to make the 45s.

45s for bracing or 45s for edges?

I'm guessing edges... Your best bet would be to find how wide you want the 45s to be on each edge (try to keep them the same for all), mark a piece of wood with the outside width of the 45. Let's say 4". So a 4" wide piece x the length of the edge (or take a little off to merge the edges). Then cut the mark with the 45 degree angle going inward. Spin the board 180 degrees and cut again. That way you'll maintain the max width you need with the 45.

If you're having problems merging the edges, you could either cut short so just the corners meet up and glass over it, or you could cut the full length 45, cut each end down to a point and butt them together. It's not as bad as you think once you figure it out.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/