Sonic Electronix

planning a new system going into a 2002 tahoe is it possible to do a hair trick with 4 15" fosgate p3's ran by 2 fosgate t10001 bd's one on each pair on a sealed box built to specs with electrical up grades ...or would 2 18" FI BL be better??

Edited by jl_audio

cowboys_logo.gif

wait.... are you designing a setup just to do hair tricks? i say 4 15's but im not sure about the rockford subs anymore

EDIT: and most of it is in the box design, port tune and all of that stuff. im sure you can still do it with sealed setups but idk

Edited by crazyfrazz09

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

wait.... are you designing a setup just to do hair tricks? i say 4 15's but im not sure about the rockford subs anymore

EDIT: and most of it is in the box design, port tune and all of that stuff. im sure you can still do it with sealed setups but idk

not really my man but my dream is to atleast get a small hair trick or some hair movement with those 4 15"s lol ...

cowboys_logo.gif

You can do hair movements off of 2 12s.

a full on hairtrick.. that's at least 4 15s, a well-designed box, and a shitload of power.

A hairtrick is caused by the air moving in and out of the window rapidly, so imagine how much air must have to come out of the port to move air in and out of a whole window.

just some thoughts.

You can do hair movements off of 2 12s.

a full on hairtrick.. that's at least 4 15s, a well-designed box, and a shitload of power.

A hairtrick is caused by the air moving in and out of the window rapidly, so imagine how much air must have to come out of the port to move air in and out of a whole window.

just some thoughts.

the port?hmm...i thought air movement was caused by the pressure difference inside and out the cabin but im not sure

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

i've done 4-15's and 2-18's off about 5kw in BIG ported boxes in similar year tahoes, and they def moved hair but it wasnt an all out electrifying hairtrick. 2kw to 4-15's sealed wont do much of anything, will probably sound good though

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

the port?hmm...i thought air movement was caused by the pressure difference inside and out the cabin but im not sure

Yeah. I does. High air pressure inside + low pressure outside = air moves out of the car. Woofer cone moves again, low pressure inside the car + high pressure outside = air moves back in the car. It just does that a bunch of times per second. Should be 40 times a second at 40Hz.. but it probably doesn't work out that way. Bottom line is molecules always look for density balance in a gas ....