there is one place around here where cops are firefighters. everyone works as both. but ya man, go for it. im starting the police academy this month.

after i graduate im thinking about either going to the police academy of firefighter training....i dont know which one to start first?

depending on where you are, you dont need training prior to the academy. Thats what the academy is for. They would rather train you THEIR way ;)

as for me, those are the two most secure jobs that you could have. Im looking into becoming a wildland fire fighter for summers but Im in the same boat as you right now...of course wildland and structural fire fighting is two totally different animals.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Awesome brah. I seriously thought about becomming a police officer, but then I think about things that always "could" go wrong and it kinda drives me away from it. I think I'll stick to the goal of Civil/Lovomotive engineer :P

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

thinkin about going to school to be both. id be making some bank at 100K a year. gonna be hard work put hard work always pays off in the end! what do yall think about this?

where the hell does a cop make 100K a year?

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

I have some questions of my own, I'm 18. a senior at some school. Well, i got accepted to all 4 calstates that i applied to, but only did my fafsa financial aid for 2 of them, but only one of those 2 schools have my major, wich is the only one damn school i didnt want to go to... but i SERIOUSLY cannot do 4 more years, i just cant.. academic wise, "i faked it till i made it - i kept up cuss its easier to catch up" are my sayings.

Im seriously interested in being a firefighter, i live in Los Angeles, so i dont see why they wouldnt need more people?. plus i think i got size, can work on stamina.

But i haven't done much research, seems like you're knowledgeable on this, how should i go by this? what do you recommend for me to do, where do i go?. do i go to a station and interrogate and just apply?.

im graduating this june, and im completely lost.

i seriously dont know where to start, any help would be appreciative.

and srry didnt mean to be a thread stealer. lol. PM me anyone wiht information!!

I don't think it is that uncommon for law enforcement to make 100k+...I know of several retired officers making that. And to be honest, it is not enough for putting their life on the line everyday when they go to work.

a captain in maryland is at about the 100k mark....in montgomery county

Eclipse cd7000

I have some questions of my own, I'm 18. a senior at some school. Well, i got accepted to all 4 calstates that i applied to, but only did my fafsa financial aid for 2 of them, but only one of those 2 schools have my major, wich is the only one damn school i didnt want to go to... but i SERIOUSLY cannot do 4 more years, i just cant.. academic wise, "i faked it till i made it - i kept up cuss its easier to catch up" are my sayings.

Im seriously interested in being a firefighter, i live in Los Angeles, so i dont see why they wouldnt need more people?. plus i think i got size, can work on stamina.

But i haven't done much research, seems like you're knowledgeable on this, how should i go by this? what do you recommend for me to do, where do i go?. do i go to a station and interrogate and just apply?.

im graduating this june, and im completely lost.

i seriously dont know where to start, any help would be appreciative.

and srry didnt mean to be a thread stealer. lol. PM me anyone wiht information!!

walk into a fire station and ask. worst that can happen is you become interested and become a volunteer :P

Edited by finkster

Eclipse cd7000

Like these guys are saying do you want somthing that your bored everyday or somthing you have fun with. I was going to go into the Air Force to work on Jet Engines so i got a job being a mechanic at pepboys right now and after three months im bored of it. and in the Air Force i'd be working on one certain part of the engine not all of it and i work on all kinds of cars. Thats why i changed my job title and im doing Combat Control where i jump out of planes and Signal for Air Strikes , Yeah i make more money doing Combat Control but i also am a person who wants to go to war , Its how i've been brought up from my dad in the Army for 30 years, Its a way of life. Just make sure you want to do that job for you not for the money,