I saw a YouTube video and wanted to say...

I don't know if anyones interested but here is the link to the actual CDC study. Not one that is spun by a news orginazation. Even then I see no hard data on the frequency of said noises. CDC hearing loss protection

Edited by blackrosetiger

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

I might write something but sometimes its pointless. I have made my argument time and time again and it goes nowhere.

BTW, my hearing is better than it was when I was 12, and I have had 150+ db cars for 15 years now.

The fact is, bass is not as damaging to your ears, and levels outside the car are not high enough to cause any damage. So only loud mids and highs whie sitting in the car can cause hearing damage. But it is still far less than a rock concert or lawn mower. Or riced out civic muffler.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Guest Scylloga

The kid across the street from me use to let his buddies roll up at any time of the day or night bumpin.

We had words and came to a agreement that if the sun is down don't bump.

If people would respect neighborhoods and such things like this wouldn't be a issue.

Until we can get the clowns that are portrayed in that video banned from owning subs and such we will have to deal with the backlash.

I try to educate people as much as possible in my area.

If I see somebody rollin through a neighborhood bumpin Ill get there attention and explain courtesies with bumpin.

99% of the time the guy/girl will apologize and turn it down.

I think as long as your not in a residential area or near schools and hospitals sound ordinances shouldn't be enforceable.

I know a local cop that says the only time he will issue a ticket for noise ordinance is if the person is just being a jerk period.

He has the same point of view as me regarding the enforceable areas.

Ed I totally agree with speaking your view and it never getting any thought past a head nod.

But when we give up is when they win.

Again until we weed out the idiots like in that video, we are going to have to deal with this kinds of reactions.

Its funny Im from the Norman OK area and around OU's campus area the campus police will nail you faster than you can blink for bumpin.

Hell even the Norman PD will ticket you if they feel its necessary.

If you respect others then there shouldn't be a problem. I hear cars/bikes that are louder then most systems, and they don't give them crap. I don't really turn it up if I'm in a neighborhood. And like Ed said, a concert is more damaging then bass. Ever been to a rock concert and been close to the stage? I have, and my ears ringed for a good day or two after the concert was over, never had that from a system. People need to quit bitchin about the little things and be more pro-active for bigger issues this country is facing. Anything you do anymore is bad for you in some way or another.

Edited by cfallsguy

I might write something but sometimes its pointless. I have made my argument time and time again and it goes nowhere.

BTW, my hearing is better than it was when I was 12, and I have had 150+ db cars for 15 years now.

The fact is, bass is not as damaging to your ears, and levels outside the car are not high enough to cause any damage. So only loud mids and highs whie sitting in the car can cause hearing damage. But it is still far less than a rock concert or lawn mower. Or riced out civic muffler.

x2 the lower Db won't hurt your ears its anything above 100hz and higher that'll hurt your hearing. All there seeing is thats its 150-160Db they're not looking at the frequency that its at 150-160Db.

Edit: I can't believe he's bitching about "boom cars" when shit like this is happening Toyota Fined 16.4 million & thisiPad problems

Edited by blackrosetiger

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

That guy has been at this for YEARS. He lumps everyone with a system into one category and just assumes all of us are drug dealers, thugs, etc. I admit that years ago I would bump my system in town, but now rarely turn it up at all, especially when I'm around my house, because I don't want my stuff to get stolen. I blast it on the way to work, only because 99% of my drive is on the highway.

You could beat this guy for hours on end and he still would never realize that there are responsible bassheads out there. I wouldn't even waste my time responding to anything he says.

Hey there.

I dont want to leave much of a comment about these kids.

This video is an advertising by Pioneer and bc of being

"bad" is considered as cool these days, it turnes out like this.

Just my impression. A Camera brings sides out of you, you wouldnt

have imagined they are in you LOL.

But I found out how to keep your living area quiet: Just own the loudest car around!

The kids turn down their systems when they come close to where I live.

They know that I just give them a smile when I recognize them when

they TRY to be the coolest with their "cheap" stereos...haahahaha...

(Ok, not fair, but hey, you know...its more fun to mess with these wannabees

than disturbing friendly people. Just try it)

Üüüühh!!!

Michael tongue.gif

www.SQPL.de Rulez!

For most people it takes swift kick in the ass to get their attention to be respectful with their system. I got a ticket for noise a month ago. I almost sold my sub, enclosure, everything because I was so pissed at myself.

But I moved on and I still have my stuff. But its almost never on in town.

Like everything else its the tards that give everyone a bad reputation. Al Qaeda makes it seem like every Arab person is a terrorist and that every black person is in a gang or that every person under 20 is stupid, disrespectful, and no worth "the respectful older folks time."

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

I couldn't agree with you more. They act like it's a drug too! In the video info section the guy had a link to a CDC article on loud stereo systems. Why is the Center for Disease Control writing about something that isn't a disease? Well, I'm gonna go do a fat line of bass, then smoke some decibels. I hope I don't overdose, lol.

x2 on this. i never bump at stoplights. and if someone asks me to turn it down nicely, i turn it down. but if they're like "hey faggot, turn that shit off" it usually gets turned up a few more clicks : )

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

People bitching about kids/teens listening to loud music and a lot of bass. They should be damn well happy that were doing this rather than smoking pot or selling drugs on the corner instead.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.