DC Sound Lab

Chad Testing Level 4

Guest MegaloManiac

Daily listening results

To finish up the day I through the sub in a 1.8 cube box with a single 4" aero tuned around 35 hz to do some quick listening results before all daylight was gone. With my limited amount of power and time listening to the driver I would compare it mostly to a SX w/ improved sound. It produced music much more accurately than my sx's i had in the past in similar boxes. It still is not a Si mag, but for a daily driving sub for the average listener it will definately satisfy ones bass needs.

No pictures or videos of it installed in the daily install because of night time catching up with my testing, but i hope to have pics/vids of that up in the coming days.

Edit

One note on playing this subwoofer daily. When it comes from the buildhouse the suspension on this subwoofer is rather stiff. I through this sub into the daily listener before doing the spl portion of testing, and to be honest thought the sub sounded like an SX. After putting it through the spl testing and some time on 20hz tone and then back into the daily it sounded much better. Break in is a must for this driver, as the sound difference is night and day between the two.

To summarize all the results I would definatly recommend this sub to someone looking for a nice subwoofer to "ground pound" with. The everyday listener will enjoy the subs loud and decent sounding aspects. And for the pricing offered currently in the group buy over at Steve meades forum and *** I would expect these subs to sell out quickly

A+ to DC Sound Lab for this subwoofer.

Comparinle to a SX. Nice. :)

Guest Nismofreak

dam big oso making me change my idea about buying dcaudio...Dam they look sexy and ready to hit hard..read your pm oso

Edited by Nismofreak

dam big oso making me change my idea about buying dcaudio...Dam they look sexy and ready to hit hard..read your pm oso

So what subs would you like to have tomorrow? Alpine?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.