I'm 18 and I'm from a broken home background which made me really independent.

Now days, both parents (separated when I was young) have healthy familys and 1 is very well off and the other is a multi millionaire.

Nice houses, cars, room, privacy, no rent, family etc....... Does it make me want to stay at home till I'm 21,20,19? NO.

I want to make my future, my own. Not mooch off mummy and daddy. Even though I live under the same roof as my mum (used to be rotated between both but mum got main custody so it kinda stayed that way) I buy everything myself. My car, my audio, my tv's etc and none of the shit I buy is crap. It's all good things. I've even bought a washing machine and fridge etc for when I move out. Best to be prepared first.

I should note I've been working in the oil industry since I was 15 and still am. Even though was my old mans company, he never offered a job, I was offered a job there through someone else after I did work experience there.

/end

Edited by Bill

1994 Suzuki Vitara (Escudo)

[unreveiled Subwoofers] - 1,500Wrms, triple stack motor. 15" x 2

DD M1A x 2

10.5 cubes in a tiny car ;)

Australia-03-june.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i started helping out around my Dad's shop when i was in the 5th grade, he's a mechanic, granted i was only doing little things like sweeping floors and stocking shelves, but it taught me how to save and the value of working for something you want, not waiting for handouts. i turned 18 july 2000, by november 2000 i moved out. waaaay out and was on my own. i still go home to visit like once a year ;)

I only tell people 1/3 of what im REALLY doin', just so they can HATE ONLY on that third...

2007 Tahoe

factory system for now :)

Car Domain Page

Lay It Low Forum

I was working full time and going to school at 16. Moved out into my own place at 17 and here I am 3 years later still on my own. Some people have to grow up fast and I was one of those people.

1999 Honda Civic DX Coupe

Head Unit: Panasonic CQ8100U (Temporary)

Front: 6.5" Kenwood KFC-1662S

Rear: 6"x9" Kenwood KFC-6989ie

Sub: Undecided

Amp: Undecided

Big 3 Upgrade (4 gauge)

Marine Battery routed to the trunk

Stock Alternator for now

im 19 now. i had life pretty damn easy. i mean i didnt like the way i was raised but hey every parent has there ways. so i had a rough h.s got into drugs all that stupid shit. then my dad passed away when i was 16 and a week before that i had checked into rehab. and to have my dad die made it all harder but pulled it off did my 3month course and was out clean as can be.then went to home school. 17 going to 18 i was all excited finally out of school had a fine ass older girlfriend. lol and then she got pregnant. still in h.s she was 19 at the time already out for 2 yrs. so the kid put a stop too allll of my ideas for when i got out of school. but now that she is her i love her more than anything. my girl and i live at her parents house. which isnt bad we both help them pay rent. its a big house and when you have 5 month old baby you need to keep a roof over her head. but we will move out soon enough.

2003 CHEVY CAVALIER

2 FI BL 18's/ Replacing Soon

Sundown Saz 4500D

Iraggi 320mp alt

PIONEER AVIC N2

Soon to be Running 7batts

WALLED

My you tube channel