Tinting back window on saturn SL Series

madboyog

Damn man. $500 for any tint job is just ridiculous. My buddy got his SL2 and his sister's SL1 done for $150 together with no piecing together. That included the windshield strips. This guy has done all my cars and is the best around here.

Do some research and I'm sure you'll find some good tinters out there. Seems like you're getting pretty good advice already! g/l

EDIT: My guy uses 3M. No economy brands.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

about 45 minutes NW of Detroit, MI. ill call perfect touch tomorrow when they open, and i might take you up on that offer!

Detroit area is a pretty far drive to Sheboygan, WI.

I know Perfect touch always runs specials on tint prices, not sure when they are or anything, but I remember hearing it announced at a few audio shows Ive been to that they hosted.

But Im ordering a roll of Suntek Carbon 5% and probolly a 20% or 35% soon. Got some other jobs to do for people comming up. :)

dont know if you watched my youtube vid or not, but that boat glass i did was a PITA! curved in 2 directions and a very large piece of tint to top it off.

Im far from a PRO, but I got lots of experience and do a decent job I think and so do others or else I wouldnt be doing their cars :)

Do some research and I'm sure you'll find some good tinters out there. Seems like you're getting pretty good advice already! g/l

EDIT: My guy uses 3M. No economy brands.

:drinks:

IMO every company offers an economy brand tint, economy tint is referred to as the 3 year warranty tint you would get for that $150-200 price range. They used a Died tint, which should not fade, bubble, or any other defects for 3+ years.

Ive having great results with Llumar (a tad pricer tint) and suntek. From what I know the owner of suntek was part of llumar but went out on his own, so the tints have many similarities.

3M is also very well known and trusted brands.

Most reputable tint shops should care economy - highend tints by the same manufacture, or by a few manufactures in varieties of shades (percents).

Detroit area is a pretty far drive to Sheboygan, WI.

I know Perfect touch always runs specials on tint prices, not sure when they are or anything, but I remember hearing it announced at a few audio shows Ive been to that they hosted.

But Im ordering a roll of Suntek Carbon 5% and probolly a 20% or 35% soon. Got some other jobs to do for people comming up. :)

dont know if you watched my youtube vid or not, but that boat glass i did was a PITA! curved in 2 directions and a very large piece of tint to top it off.

Im far from a PRO, but I got lots of experience and do a decent job I think and so do others or else I wouldnt be doing their cars :)

:drinks:

IMO every company offers an economy brand tint, economy tint is referred to as the 3 year warranty tint you would get for that $150-200 price range. They used a Died tint, which should not fade, bubble, or any other defects for 3+ years.

Ive having great results with Llumar (a tad pricer tint) and suntek. From what I know the owner of suntek was part of llumar but went out on his own, so the tints have many similarities.

3M is also very well known and trusted brands.

Most reputable tint shops should care economy - highend tints by the same manufacture, or by a few manufactures in varieties of shades (percents).

My guy has a little rinky dink garage in a bad neighborhood. Came over from Ukraine to work on American cars. He only has one solid price for a full tint job ($100) with a lifetime warranty if you bring the receipt. He even tears off old tint for free. I get great deals because I've done six cars there and recommended about 20 ppl.

His only competition IS a reputable shop who do business like you describe. I only go to them for windshield replacements though.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

My guy has a little rinky dink garage in a bad neighborhood. Came over from Ukraine to work on American cars. He only has one solid price for a full tint job ($100) with a lifetime warranty if you bring the receipt. He even tears off old tint for free. I get great deals because I've done six cars there and recommended about 20 ppl.

His only competition IS a reputable shop who do business like you describe. I only go to them for windshield replacements though.

Nice! Kinda figured you got a better price since you got so many jobs done by him.

I know lots of shops charge big bucks for tear offs! A time consuming process!! :(

if thats the window i think it is you cant do it in 1 piece i dont care how hard you try lol they are a beotch

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

Archived