bondo and plastic

i am gonna start glassing some tweeters into the factory tweeter pods in my wifes 01 grand prix gt. are there any tricks to getting bondo to bond to the plastic besides giving it a sanding?

----reference's----

meade916

make sure it is really clean, and if you are super worried about it sticking you can drill a few holes in the plastic that the bondo can bind into.

make sure it is really clean, and if you are super worried about it sticking you can drill a few holes in the plastic that the bondo can bind into.

Use the good stuff.

You can also use fiberglass along with your body filler to give it some strength.

Only tip, don't do it.

Bondo to plastic is sketchy, and if it's a big gap or high fill, it's just destined to fail.

Also we're assuming you're actually talking about bondo brand body filler? There's better products for what you want to do, take a look at the threads by epicenterdesigns on here and fiberglass forums.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Try wrapping it in a thin cloth glued to the plastic, then coat a thin layer of resin before bondo. You'll have no problems.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/