prestige remote start alarm

im lookin to get a prestige aps 997a alarm and im wonderin if anyone has one installed or if prestige is a good brand? any input will be much appreciated.

Dc level 4 18

ported box 6 cubes tuned to 34 htz

1.5 cubic ft. port area

Big 3 done on 0 gauge

knukonceptz wiring throughout

kinetik in back

AQ 2200d

header.jpg

hey, thats a audiovox alarm. Remeber its not always about the name its about the functionality of the product. Yea, there is a point when some stuff is just cheap crap but for the most part focus on the reasons you are using it and make sure those needs are met.

but opinion wise im not a huge fan of audiovox products duge to they generally are pretty limited but it really depends on what you are trying to spend. I know you can get a auto page for around the same price range retail wise and they aren't to bad on install labor.

I beleive the RS-1000 is around 200 bucks retail so ebay or online a lot cheaper and thats their top gun.

im just lookin for a basic remote start alarm with 2 way paging. nothing really fancy, i had an autopage rf425 lcd and i never had any issues. i just dont want to buy a crap alarm

Dc level 4 18

ported box 6 cubes tuned to 34 htz

1.5 cubic ft. port area

Big 3 done on 0 gauge

knukonceptz wiring throughout

kinetik in back

AQ 2200d

header.jpg

Well like I said audiovox is generally on the cheap side and the few times i have used it it always came back but i found this alarm made by code which is your basic remote start and 3 channel alarm and they are going for around a 100 bucks new onr cheaper used on amazon or ebay -

Auto Page

C3-RS-665

The APS997 is an alright alarm. It isn't as robust as a Viper 5901, but its an alarm that'll work if it's installed right. I have only seen 1 come back in this year during the remote start season. It was a bad brain. It's not the brain, but the install that will determine how it will perform.

Front Stage: Kicker QS 65.2 Components, MB Quart Reference 5.25 in the a pillars,

Midbass: Kicker CVT8's in the rear doors,

Headunit: Pioneer DEHP880PRS - Running Active

Amps: US AMPS XT1600.4/XT800.4

No beat yet.

Twitter

Soon as remote start season ends, I'll be able to work on my car some more.

im lookin to get a prestige aps 997a alarm and im wonderin if anyone has one installed or if prestige is a good brand? any input will be much appreciated.

i got one of these from sonicelectronix and tried to install it by myself i didnt do to good but once it was all installed right it was an okay alarm

The prestige alarms are decent... We carry them at work, dont' really have alot of problems with them. Over the years I have noticed they are starting to skimp more and more on quality though. This years remote starts came with I believe 20amp fuses and like 14gauge wire... which is wayyy to small for some of the older vehicles... works fine with newer low current ignition systems... but we were having hella problems with older grand ams and malibus.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i agree with the others.. i've had mines since Oct of last year.. and its ok.. bottom line, it gets the job done. i kinda wish the paging distance was a little bit stonger but like i said, it gets the job done. no real big complaints on my end..

:Satan Sings a Lulliby In My Ears Every Nite:- Lord Infamous

Pioneer Premier DEH-P500UB w/ ipod touch

Planet Audio BB215

Kicker zx1500.1

2 Jensen Audio 6.5s

2 Horns "in place for my 6x9. my port blows all my 6x9s out of place"

2 pyramid tweeters

Archived