Sonic Electronix

you could go down to 3 cubes per sub, if you want to do 3 subs. but make sure you can have a good size port too.

also, dont just brace you box with sheets of fiberglass, you need some threaded rod or some other kind of cross bracing

thats what i was thinking was 3 cubes per sub and as for bracing i was thinking about doing two vertical 2x2 and then one 2x2 across the width of the box and then 2 more 2x2 going the depth of the box as well as all of the fiberglass.

thats what i was thinking was 3 cubes per sub and as for bracing i was thinking about doing two vertical 2x2 and then one 2x2 across the width of the box and then 2 more 2x2 going the depth of the box as well as all of the fiberglass.

should work good

i hope so does 299.76 sound like the right number for the port area?? it will be tunes to 30 Hz

150 to 180 inches of port area should be good for 9 cubes. you may have to shrink it down to be able to have the 30 hz tune and not have to port be 40 or so inches long. unless you find more room for the added volume

150 to 180 inches of port area should be good for 9 cubes. you may have to shrink it down to be able to have the 30 hz tune and not have to port be 40 or so inches long. unless you find more room for the added volume

the port calculator that im useing says that for it to be tuned to 30 hx it needs 299 inches for the port do you have a calculator you could use to get me exactly what i need?

Edit before the displacemnt of the port the box is at 9.948 ft3 and that is including the woofer displaceement and the bracing displacement.

Edited by o8mustang13

the port calculator that im useing says that for it to be tuned to 30 hx it needs 299 inches for the port do you have a calculator you could use to get me exactly what i need?

Edit before the displacemnt of the port the box is at 9.948 ft3 and that is including the woofer displaceement and the bracing displacement.

does anybody have a reliable port calculator they could send me the link to it woudl be greatly appreciated..

What program are you using. Im not using anything to determine port area except what ive learned from building boxs. A good rule is to do 12 to 16 sq inches of port area (height * width of port, no lengh involved) per cubic foot of box volume.

in some of my boxes having 20 per cube worked out great for my subs. For my 15 i found that 50sq inches was a good amount for the sub, no matter my box size, for daily use.

300sq inches for a 9 cube box is 33 sq inches per cube.

If you use 150 to 180 as i suggested you will be at 16 to 20 sq inches per cube. which is what i have found good for daily use in my boxes.

In your case though, your port can only take up 1 cube of space, so you may have to shrink your port area down so the length of the port is short enough to keep the box the right volume and keep the 30 hz tuning.

You may also want to shrink your size because of the power your running to each sub, or mechanical failure may happen.

But i also have no experience with the smd subs and if they do better on a larger or smaller port.

and for the calculator, i use winisd to design my boxes. its free

Edited by fritosaregood

height times wid this all you need, basic mathematics...

if you need 180sq 9w x 20h gives you that

i know how to get the area calculated but this calculator that i found online says that i need 299 for the port?? to have it tuned to 30Hz