Sonic Electronix

just got a new optima batt. is this supposed to happen??

Try disconnecting your equipment and read at the battery. Normal voltage on a stock alternator should read around 14V, solid. 12.1 at the battery is not charging your battery or suppling any current to the equipment.

Red is for starting

Yellow is supposedly for car audio, lighting, winch etc.

Blue is deep cycle marine

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Try disconnecting your equipment and read at the battery. Normal voltage on a stock alternator should read around 14V, solid. 12.1 at the battery is not charging your battery or suppling any current to the equipment.

with the car on and idleing it read at the battery and on the Alt read about 12.1 with the breaker off going to his amp. Only thing still on was his deck and it was powered on butnot playing anything

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

well i am just running stock alternator..have 1/0g wiring everywhere..big 3 done..and a little 600 kinetic(i know VERY small) i make sure even when i have the bass on that my volts stay above 12v. so i dont see why it would harm anything..all i know is wheh it rained the other day that night my car wouldnt start...batt was dead..and now when i replaced it my volts are wayy too low :/ would anything get messed up even if i was watching my voltage and staying about 12? thanks!!

No offense Bro but do you realize that Memphis Specifically notes that you are not supposed to run the 4K off a stock alternator.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

i did, and when i used a dmm everything showed correct numbers.

really? how do i find out if im odb1?

really? i though the red ones were meant for normal driving use and the blue ones were for starting only?

DAMN!! all that power and it dropped to 10 volts? but damn, you got any old vids of the setup or a test? sounds sick! :)

Anything older then 1996 is odb1.

Redtop = starting

bluetop = marine

yellowtop = heavy duty for high workloads.

What I dislike about Optima is they never really improved their battery technology. Its pretty much the same now as it was when they first came out when they where "da shit".

No videos i dont believe from the show, my camera broke a couple weeks ago, and havent had funds to replace it.

But Decaf on here that does all the audio tracks got a demo, im sure he can vouch for it <_<

The amps where stressing tough. Hot after a single burp, eliminations in bassrace back to back made them untouchable. Im sure they where close to going poof!

I also have 2 runs of 3/0 positive front to back, and a 1/0 negative front to back.

Got a few pics that people took from the show.

docshow017.jpg

docshow016.jpg

Picture181.jpg

Archived