FIberglass box building tips?

So I think I'm going the fiberglass route on my next box to try to get as much of the 4.36 cu ft I need out of the smallest possible space in my trunk while facing the subs/port forward sealed from the trunk. I have good experience with the stuff but never anything like a subwoofer box.

I'm looking for tips and tricks for box building.

Like chop mat vs weave mat...

Prep and finishing, making the box stronger, etc.

Im planning on using some of my scrap from previous builds to add reinforcement pieces in and around it.

Whats a good way to guesstimate the cu ft of a very irregular box?

Im guessing it's still cool to do a slot port instead of aeroports? I really don't like the way they look. I don't think they'll flow with my idea.

All my other projects have been all wood and I really want to try something new.

Thx

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Read, read, read, as many threads on it as you can if it's your first time. Even if it's not your first time, you learn SOOOO many new tricks and tips just by seeing how others do it.

Check out my build (click on the signature picture) and you will see that was my first time as well. If you take your time, avoid being sloppy and plan everything out, you can get amazing results.

Check out Fiberglassforums.com

Join and take in all the knowledge.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner