DC Sound Lab

Level 4XL vs Level5 for burps\driveby

ok here are pics of it-

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

There is expanding foam that sealed all the way around it.

The wall was built behind the B pillar because at the time, i didnt know what part of the B pillar was too far forward(i know now).

The allthread u see in the port would be removed in the next wall build i do. Probably no internal bracing at all.

That wall is triple baffled and single layered all the way around.

Reinforced with 4 runs of 3\4" allthread. After multiple burps, the back wall just recently cracked and bubbled up a little so it isn't too much longer before i gotta tear it down.

With me having 21kw at 12v and 39kw at 18v, there should be no reason i can't break a 153... It's a major lack of design efficiency i already know.

This is what i planned on doing and anybody can fill me in from here-

After i tear this sucker out since it was just to learn off of, i want to take 2x4s and line them all the way around the inside of the car from the b pillar on back.

The back hatch area i'll use as cargo room for my amps n batteries.

After i line all the 2x4s, i gotta find a way to anchor them to the car or weld a frame around them and anchor that to the car so possibility of flexing is minimal to zero.

I would then use sheets of mdf, hardwood or whatever to build the enclosure from within.

Once the design is built, i would lay down small steel sheets inside of the walls bolted through the 2x4s on the outside so the box can't flex inwards. I hate to use bolts though because they will cause turbulence inside the box :(

I will say this though- Before i do all this, after i tear it down, i'll go ahead and do the 2x4 lining, but i'm only gonna be testing with 1 sub at a time, NO WALL, until i can't get any louder... then i'll rebuild a wall as best as i know how.

In my class, i CANNOT modify anything past the B pillar(anything in front of the door jam).

I can lay a single sheet of 3\4" wood under the sunroof but that's it.

I can do literally anything behind the B pillar but within weight reasoning... I'm limirted to just under 900lbs and i already have 85lbs of sound deadening in the car and 122lbs of amps.

468.png

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go with 3 lvl 5s 15s if you can fit 3 of them in there, and build a way better box.. I dunno what else to really tell you, but on that power, i would do lvl 5s.. Rebuild your box, and see if you can get a better score !

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i know what i'm bout to say is gonna suck because i cant have the best of both worlds unless there is some material out there i am not thinking of...

I would love to do that, man. The onyl thign that's holding me back is a $3,000 Air Ride kit to prevent the axle from snapping with that much weight.

I'm trying to work around the weight issue.

If weight wasnt an issue.. then there would be no problems like that.

For me to drop 240lbs of subs in the car on top of amps n batts.. the wall PLUS massive bracing would have to weigh.. well nothing virtually...

In reality- the wall and bracing would have to weigh no more than 100lbs total.. That's impractical in my eyes to yield such a high pressure...

I'm not willing to drop air ride yet, if ever, as now is not the time.

468.png

wait, what car is this? I got a 2 door integra with a wall with 3 lvl 5s and yeah, it sucks being so low to the ground, but i havent heard of it killing any cars yet LOL

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

IMO for weight to performance, IA Warden>DCLVL5, the 15" Weighs 53Pounds, and it will most likely outperform the LVL5's with your power while being nearly 30 pounds lighter. But the difference is the Warden is most likely gonna cost you a 3-$400 more than a LVL5.

But basically if weight is a concern, Neo is the way to go. But at this time there arent a ton of companys that make subs with Neo Motors, I think Cascade Designs where in the design stage for a Neo Sub, but Im not sure if that fell through or not.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I drive a Scion tC.

I dont care about the car dragging, i care about it snapping.

I drive this car on 200-400 mile trips almost weekly to shows... so stressing it's suspension is not an option.

Unless IA wants to put me on their team... I'm currently on DC's team right now.

468.png

all honesty, if my integra can handle it, i dont see why yours cant especially since yours is newer and built better im guessing. But I can understand not wanting to risk doing it with the shows that far away.

Team DC Audio

has anyone noticed the amount of amp power he claims to be having on tap, and only a stock alt and 2 batteries, maybe another problem is your electrical situation

2005 pontiac g6

alpine 9887

mach 5 mli-65 mids w/ seas neo tweets

mb quart dsc 4125/dsc 280

2 12" mach 5 audio spls

sound digital 8k

c&d batts/red top

2 runs pos/neg in 1/0

dc power 270a sp alt

knu wiring/rcas