XS Power

18 volt daily driving diagram

could you buy a charger that runs from the 16v bank with your alts charging 16volt, to charge 1 or 2 12v batts for mids/highs and car? im doing opposite lol charging my 8v batts (wired 16v) off charger to 16volt altho floats at 18.5v and only drops to 17.5 or so off dc 9k..maybe only 40 amps but that enough in the lanes for a burp or 3..

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

don't see why they couldn't make a larger step down? or you could use one and have bank of 14v batts lol

That's what I'm wondering but 12v would be fine too. Like say can you use a step-down and then use like 1-2 batteries to run the car/ mutli channel amps.

Oh from stepdowns to 12v batts? Hrmmm...thats a good question. Im actually considering running a couple kinetic 16vs in my XS 16v bank...that way you have the 12v posts for highs and car...not sure how well that would work, but ive seen people mix 12v batteries many times with no problems. :shrug:

This is just advice from personal experience....... do not do that. Take it or leave it, but that is my advice to you.

in this did you mean don't use step downs to charge a 12 volt battery up front or not to mix the 16 volt batteries

Do not mix the batteries. The main purpose of the step downs is to allow you to run and charge 12V system.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

don't see why they couldn't make a larger step down? or you could use one and have bank of 14v batts lol

That's what I'm wondering but 12v would be fine too. Like say can you use a step-down and then use like 1-2 batteries to run the car/ mutli channel amps.

Oh from stepdowns to 12v batts? Hrmmm...thats a good question. Im actually considering running a couple kinetic 16vs in my XS 16v bank...that way you have the 12v posts for highs and car...not sure how well that would work, but ive seen people mix 12v batteries many times with no problems. :shrug:

This is just advice from personal experience....... do not do that. Take it or leave it, but that is my advice to you.

in this did you mean don't use step downs to charge a 12 volt battery up front or not to mix the 16 volt batteries

Do not mix the batteries. The main purpose of the step downs is to allow you to run and charge 12V system.

sorry if im being noobish here so it would be ok to charge a 12 battery up front off the step downs so i can could have a 12v battery for the vehicle systems( computer starter and such and mids and highs amps)

edit

Edited by Jd1102

Yes, that is what the step down modules are for. Step down the voltage from your 16V alt, so it can safely charge and power your 12V battery and systems.

oh alright ty very much sir. i was just curious because it just seemed as if he didn't use a 12volt battery at all just stepdowns straight to the computer and such. Thank you very much for your information good sir this was very helpful :good:

• 2 months later...

If using stepdowns in a 16 or 18 volt system, will the stepdowns be able to handle the current draw of the starter? The 14v battery/16v charging system sounds more able to bridge the gap between the 12v stock and 16v realm. Thoughts?

I was building systems when Orion amps were good.

• 1 month later...