XS Power

18 volt daily driving diagram

Now this is a base for most vehicles some vehicles will need more stepdowns in parallel but you have to first test your vehicle just email me if you need help with a specific vehicle. I may or may not be able to help. Also I noted elsewhere that doing this gained me 4-5 mpg I would imagine due to the stronger spark and solid voltage from the stepdowns. But by going to an 18volt daily system I get more amperage from the alts the amplifiers draw less and run cooler. So many benefits for the serious minded who want to squeeze every ounce of performance from their daily ride.

There are variations to this but this worked for my particular build.

25599_397487037744_704962744_3994033_3895715_n.jpg

Edited by dB Don
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

• 3 months later...

What do you do with the remote wire for the amp? I'm guessing you would use a relay, or does it not matter that the amp would see 18V on the power wires and only 14V on the remote?

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What do you do with the remote wire for the amp? I'm guessing you would use a relay, or does it not matter that the amp would see 18V on the power wires and only 14V on the remote?

This ^^

2003 CHEVY CAVALIER

2 FI BL 18's/ Replacing Soon

Sundown Saz 4500D

Iraggi 320mp alt

PIONEER AVIC N2

Soon to be Running 7batts

WALLED

My you tube channel

Remote comes from the HU which only gets 14/12v so it will only send out 14/12v

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.