XS Power

18 volt daily driving diagram

Mediarocker, the reason he says its a stronger spark is because, although stepdowned, he's always getting 14.x voltage to the car. Never ever dropping below that. With the constant power never changing or fluctuating, it makes it more efficient. That's what he was assuming. Who knows. As for why not a 24v system, to my knowledge there are no car systems or amps that are 24v capable. Not to mention many alternators are limited to around 20v I thought.

i think the us amps bonecrusher is 24v but i think comps wont let you burp that high. amps that take 16v would be dc (mine the 9k at 16volt is sick)

as for me im chargeing 2 8volt batts to 16volts for burps. i float at 17v :drink40:

higher volts=win

wouldn't mind 2nd alt to run 16v tho.

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

How do these step-downs actually work? Any closeup pics of them? How so you run say a few 4 hannels in a 16v setup? Stepdowns and 1-2 12v batts? How do you wire one up and there's like 8 or 10 gauge leads from what I can tell.

The step-downs are rated at 25 amps constant, 50 amps max. General consensus seems to be 2 for your older cars, and 3 for your newer cars. If you turn on every accessory in your car you can use a clamp to tell what kind of amperage your using, and know how many you'll need. As for highs amps, I'm with you...I'm wanting a full 18v daily setup since I only have the room for two alts, so to my knowledge the only way to run them is as many step-downs as amperage they can pull. Sadly at $150 per sd iirc, it gets extremely expensive very quick. :(

If I could only run 4 alts. :lol:

don't see why they couldn't make a larger step down? or you could use one and have bank of 14v batts lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

don't see why they couldn't make a larger step down? or you could use one and have bank of 14v batts lol

That's what I'm wondering but 12v would be fine too. Like say can you use a step-down and then use like 1-2 batteries to run the car/ mutli channel amps.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

That's what I'm wondering but 12v would be fine too. Like say can you use a step-down and then use like 1-2 batteries to run the car/ mutli channel amps.

Oh from stepdowns to 12v batts? Hrmmm...thats a good question. Im actually considering running a couple kinetic 16vs in my XS 16v bank...that way you have the 12v posts for highs and car...not sure how well that would work, but ive seen people mix 12v batteries many times with no problems. :shrug:

Oh from stepdowns to 12v batts? Hrmmm...thats a good question. Im actually considering running a couple kinetic 16vs in my XS 16v bank...that way you have the 12v posts for highs and car...not sure how well that would work, but ive seen people mix 12v batteries many times with no problems. :shrug:

This is just advice from personal experience....... do not do that. Take it or leave it, but that is my advice to you.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

i will have to save this thread maybe one day my pontiac vibe will be molested with 18v.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Call kinetic, and talk to dave about the 16v batts... the 12v side works differntly then you would expect

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

This is just advice from personal experience....... do not do that. Take it or leave it, but that is my advice to you.

in this did you mean don't use step downs to charge a 12 volt battery up front or not to mix the 16 volt batteries