(New Videos 12/21/10) 3 15" Alpine Type ARRRRRRGHs in single CRX box tuned to 30Hz, in my Swagger Wagon

Few things I need input on for my van.  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What name shoudl I pick???

• Swagger Wagon
    • Party Van
    • Pimp Mobile
    • Decimator
    • Shaggin Wagon
  2. 2. What type of amps should I look at for my next build???

• Stetsom 7kd
    • 3 RF T1500-1bd
    • 3 RF T2500-1bd
    • Some amp that can do 7k+ RMS @ 1ohm (name amp)
  3. 3. Which subs for the build mentioned above???

• 3 15" DC lvl 4 XLs
    • 3 15" DC lvl 5
    • 3 15" Fi BL
    • 3 15" Fi BTL
    • 3 subs that are dual 2ohms adn capable of around 2k RMs each

well guys guess waht!!! the amp and rcas are fine like i told him. and i wire up his new kenwood and its great other then i was having a hell of a time setting the dam thing

FYI It was a problem with the amp, but it was actually something further then that. It wasn't the wiring on anything in my car or improperly hooked up. But what had happened is the right front speaker that I put in on Monday, is a little too large for the hole, but it works. So when the wires got soldered on to the speaker, and they were actually grounded to the chassis, don't ask me how, but they were. So then since that was grounding to the chassis when I would run my engine or it would normally just sit there, I was getting a high pitched whine on all speakers. This back feed from my amp and fried the RCAs on my headunit. So tomorrow I am gonna tighten up some loose wires and re-attach the wires to that right from speaker. So now it all works, and the Kenwood is fucking amazing :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this video just got done uploading, and all that, so take a look and let me kn ow what you think.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

<----researching his tline boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Good Job!!!!!

Cant wait to see and hear more

do u mean researching in general or my tlines specifically??? Also. I will hope to hae some videos up tomorrow. I gotta get some fine adjustments on my amps and tune the headunit a litle bit still so hopefully I can get that tomorrow. But the flex and damage is pretty crazy

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

do u mean researching in general or my tlines specifically??? Also. I will hope to hae some videos up tomorrow. I gotta get some fine adjustments on my amps and tune the headunit a litle bit still so hopefully I can get that tomorrow. But the flex and damage is pretty crazy

I mean in general. This is really the first time i've seen an application of it. Before I just heard theories and speculations about them but seeing them in action makes me want to really look into em now!

I mean in general. This is really the first time i've seen an application of it. Before I just heard theories and speculations about them but seeing them in action makes me want to really look into em now!

I love them, they are the best way to make any ordinary subs hit hard, and make any good subs turn GODLY. Mat (aka GoreMaster) has a 12" P1 in a tline, and the guys at his work says it sounds like 2 12" JLw6s. They are amazing and make a sub sound like the next size up

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

So today when I was cleaning out my van of all the boxes and junk, and getting the seats back in, and I decided to hook ym voltmeter up to the optima, and to see how my voltage was doing.

100_1451.jpg

Voltage with car running, and no amps on. Just the headunit playing thru the hatch with the volume at like 5

100_1452.jpg

With the amps on and the volume still on 5

100_1452.jpg

With the volume up to 10, which is listening volume when its me and my girl, and we wanna talk.

100_1454.jpg

Volume up to I believe 15ish, maybe a notch lower

100_1455.jpg

Volume up to 20, which is at the middle of where I usually listen to it at. Radio goes to 40 I believe, and I usually listen to it at 25. So 13.2V at almost full tilt with the volume in my listening range isn't bad. Gonna try to get a vid up tomorrow and have the volume up to 25, and get a voltage reading. BTW when the volume was at 20 I set of the car alarm, that's is the next street over and a few houses down. That's twice today. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: BTW Song was Late Nite Tip

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

What no one likes theis build and how it turned out??? Show me some love.

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I have been watching the build for awhile now and its looking really good. Are you painting or carpeting the box's at all?

I actually plan on adding another baffle or two to the front of the boxes. And then do some fiberglassing of the front and maybe glass in a wall. And then I have to decide weather I want to glass the back or not or do

carpet. I'm thinking carpet. This way if I ever need to access the back of the boxes ot anything like that I don't have todemolish good glass work. But. My main goal while I save for my new 15"s and amp(s) is to have the build all done. Just have to slide in new subs amps and batts and maybe components

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Archived