SPL achieved from the trunk class

ok bro u dont need 2 post for each reply

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Lol, yeah that's what I thought. They were telling me something like since they are in the trunk, and the trunk is sealed, that if I put a ported box in the trunk, it would not sound as loud as a sealed, but only on this occasion is what they said, otherwise ported is always louder than sealed is what they said. I think that is BS, and im going to build a ported box for my 2 10's anyway.

Thats definitely some screwed up logic there, they need some educating.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

i go by the amp size, if you got a pretty nice watt going to it port your subs and fire them to the front, but mine are in a mini van and they are going to the back till i get my wall :P

but it all depends.

if i had a car with a trunk i would definently fire them foward with a ported and the trunk sealed off. :Hairtrick::clapping:

lol but anyways, go with that, but definently look into what your putting on your subs and what they can handle before you just jump into it.

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P2's 10's

Box Tuned To 30HZ

Rockford Fosgate Punch 250.2 Amp

Rockford Fosgate Punch Doors

Pioneer Head

1 Kia Sedona LX (Mini Van)

Getting 8 RE Audio 15's Soon With a Wall

3-4 Diablo Audio 2500.1 Amps :P

Going To Be Set At 1ohm

How loud you can get in the trunk comes down to your system choices, and the limitations of it being in the trunk versus a cargo area, hatch or wall.

But to find out what sub position is loudest in your car's trunk (with a sealed box anyway), I say just turn your box forward, backwards, to the sides...might as well try firing up while you're doing it. Your ears will tell you.

Same thing when you make your ported.

So, were the subs firing towards the rear of your car in the trunk, or did you have the trunk sealed off and the subs firing towards the front?

subs were firing forward, port was firing to the side...seems to work equally as well compared to everything forward, completely sealed off

i likes me some audio stuff...

• 9 years later...

Archived