SPL achieved from the trunk class

The setup I have right now, I have my subs mounted in my trunk, firing towards the rear of the car. I have been told this is the best way to do it for it to be the loudest, when you have the subs in the trunk of a car. Is this correct? And I am just curious if anyone knows of the world record for the greatest SPL achieved from a trunk class, when the subs are all mounted in the trunk of a car. I know this class exists in competition, I just wonder what kind of Db's you could expect to hit with all your system in the trunk. Cuz that's about the only way I can do it with the car I have right now.

I fire mine forwards, but only if you seal off the trunk

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Cobalt LT

Exterior: Tinted tails, Lowered with Eibach Springs, Black Housing Headlights, 6000k HIDs

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P400-4 & T10001bd

Batteries: Kinetik HC1400

Electrical: Big 3 Stock Alt

Enclosure: 4 ft³ @ 33Hz 75sq.in. of port (18.75sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Boston Acoustics SL60 (front), Boston Acoustic SX95 (rear)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: 1/0g KnuKonceptz Kollosus, 4g MobileSpec

yeah thor is doin some big numbers out the trunk of his car on two 10's on steroid's but they are firing forward sealed off from the trunk I have one fifteen in mine firing forward also sealed off from the trunk. if your seats fold down I'd suggest this if they don't just keep it the way it is

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Thorshammer.

Well that's what I mean. I meant how much could you do approximatley, if your trunk is not sealed off, like mine, and your subs are firing towards the rear. I meant that type of setup. Would it be possible to do like a 130 or 140 with it setup like that? I'm just wondering. Because most people seal off the trunk and fire them forwards, I know this is the way to make it loudest. Just wondering what kind of SPL has been achieved with it setup like mine is, subs facing towards the rear. I only got 2 10's right now on 1,000 watts, but its pretty dang loud for just 2 10's. I can shake people's pictures with it.

Also, another question, with my type of setup, would it be louder if I had a ported box? Because I have been told that when the subs are in the trunk, a sealed box is louder, this just does not seem right to me. Mine are in a sealed now, and I was going t build a ported box for them, but some people have not reccommended it.

Well that's what I mean. I meant how much could you do approximatley, if your trunk is not sealed off, like mine, and your subs are firing towards the rear. I meant that type of setup. Would it be possible to do like a 130 or 140 with it setup like that? I'm just wondering. Because most people seal off the trunk and fire them forwards, I know this is the way to make it loudest. Just wondering what kind of SPL has been achieved with it setup like mine is, subs facing towards the rear. I only got 2 10's right now on 1,000 watts, but its pretty dang loud for just 2 10's. I can shake people's pictures with it.

Also, another question, with my type of setup, would it be louder if I had a ported box? Because I have been told that when the subs are in the trunk, a sealed box is louder, this just does not seem right to me. Mine are in a sealed now, and I was going t build a ported box for them, but some people have not reccommended it.

I do a little 140 with a 15 on 1k, port and sub forward, I don't have my trunk sealed off though. Today I heard subs facing back is loudest for sealed enclosure, Idk if thats true though.

And you have to remember, every car/ setup is different, so no one will ever be able to tell you what the loudest will be.

And who told you sealed is louder than ported? lol

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

I do a little 140 with a 15 on 1k, port and sub forward, I don't have my trunk sealed off though. Today I heard subs facing back is loudest for sealed enclosure, Idk if thats true though.

And you have to remember, every car/ setup is different, so no one will ever be able to tell you what the loudest will be.

And who told you sealed is louder than ported? lol

Lol, yeah that's what I thought. They were telling me something like since they are in the trunk, and the trunk is sealed, that if I put a ported box in the trunk, it would not sound as loud as a sealed, but only on this occasion is what they said, otherwise ported is always louder than sealed is what they said. I think that is BS, and im going to build a ported box for my 2 10's anyway.

low 50's are possible

i did a 148.9 off about 7k (accord)

friend did a 147 off about 3.5k (impala)

So, were the subs firing towards the rear of your car in the trunk, or did you have the trunk sealed off and the subs firing towards the front?

Archived