monitor not working with gpu

ok well i fired up my newly built comp up for the first time and everything looked like it was running smoothly but the monitor didnt pick up any signal from the gpu. i put a 7600gt oc in there and i thought maybe the card is faulty. so i took it out and put my 7300 gs in there from my other comp and that didnt do anything either. im sure its not the monitor cause i plugged the monitor into my laptop sitting beside the computer and and the screen from the laptop popped right up so i dunno whats wrong.

i cant install xp until i can see the bios and what not so what can i do to make the signal go thru? im not sure if its a setting on the mobo but it shouldnt be. it should come standard anyway so i dunno. im not sure if anyone will be able to help me but i might as well try before i removing everything and rma some shit

Guest 90accordman

one of my flat panels used to be like that, id have to pull the monitor power cord and replug it in with the computer running in order for it to see video incoming.

heres the list of my pc parts

-DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model

-LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner W/ LightScribe and 5X DVD-RAM

-Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel

-HIPER HPU-4B580-MS ATX12V 580W

-2x 250gb 7200rpm western digital sata hd

-BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

thats from my invoice so just copy and pasted

but yeah thats def a suffcient power supply so i have no idea what else it could be

so my mobo is fucked in other words right? im thinking thats the case ive checked every setting the jumper cables seem to be in the right positions everything works as its suppose to. ive tried unpluggin a hd didnt work then tried removing 1 mem module didnt work so i dont have any idea what it is besides the mobo. i dont think theres any other way i can test it. 2 different cards dont work ugh. i dunno maybe ill try to call dfi tech support monday and see if they can help.

Guest 90accordman

so my mobo is fucked in other words right? im thinking thats the case ive checked every setting the jumper cables seem to be in the right positions everything works as its suppose to. ive tried unpluggin a hd didnt work then tried removing 1 mem module didnt work so i dont have any idea what it is besides the mobo. i dont think theres any other way i can test it. 2 different cards dont work ugh. i dunno maybe ill try to call dfi tech support monday and see if they can help.

sounds like a plan, i was thinking maybe the slot isnt working properly or something.