Sonic Electronix

Is Mid-Bass the same thing as Mid-Range.

According to Wikipedia a "Mid-Range" speaker, covers frequencies from 300Hz-5000Hz.

The above statement makes me think there is a difference between mid bass/range.

From a crossover point of view is the following correct?

Subs cover : 20Hz~100Hz

Mid-Bass covers : 100Hz~300Hz

Mid Range Covers : 300Hz~5,000Hz

Tweeters Cover: 5,000Hz~20,000Hz...

Does this look about right to everyone?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

i like doing a 12 db slope on my subs at 60 hz or if i'm stuck with a 24 db slope, more like 70 hz, then let my door subs pick up from there with a smooth transition, (whatever settings that takes) and let the subs drop off naturally with the comps taking over from there.

you can cross your subs over higher but then your sound starts getting more directional, seperating the bass from the rest of the music (think having a tv going and having a speaker 10 feet away from it being it's only sound source.. kinda screws you up)

getting a good transiiton between drivers/amps/crossovers takes a little bit of work but once you get it right, it's well worth it.

My head unit has slope settings.. and i really don't really understand how that works/what it does.

Like what does a 12/24 Decibel slope mean?

Maybe someone can explain that for me.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

i'm not 100% sure but i would think that in your list a woofer would go between sub and mid bass. i've also heard of super tweeters.

something like this:

Subs cover : 20Hz~60Hz

woofers cover : 60~150hz

Mid-Bass covers : 150Hz~300Hz

Mid Range Covers : 300Hz~5,000Hz

Tweeters Cover: 5,000Hz~20,000Hz..

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

My head unit has slope settings.. and i really don't really understand how that works/what it does.

Like what does a 12/24 Decibel slope mean?

Maybe someone can explain that for me.

It is a measure of how many decibels of reduction you have over 1 octave. The higher the slope (you can have 96db/octave) the more complex (and expensive) your crossover becomes. So generally only 12db/octave is used, and sometimes 24. I would tell you how many hz an octave is but I'm sure it's a ratio, thats why 1/3 octave EQs don't go up linearly.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Is Mid-Bass the same thing as Mid-Range.

According to Wikipedia a "Mid-Range" speaker, covers frequencies from 300Hz-5000Hz.

The above statement makes me think there is a difference between mid bass/range.

In my opinion, it should depend on the driver. There are dedicated mid-bass drivers that handles frequency range of 150-6000hz where it mostly handles the percussion and any thumping sounds. And there are Mid-bass Mid Range drivers that handles 50-12000hz, These drivers can sing and play the drums all together.

Once you identify the frequency range of your drivers you should be able to set the crossover cut-offs and slopes properly.

Thant's just me, im a :noob:

Archived