me and my buddy are openin up a shop out of my garage pretty soon

hopin to save up some money and get an actual shop in a bigger city

but anybody got any tips

that would help out when were first startin up?

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

insurance

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

thats one thing that we are gonna do

and charge a little less than normal starting out

especially since the local shop here

Dreamworks Motorsports

was gonna charge one of our current customers

a basic custom ported box-$600

they knock so many people over the head with prices

we figure if we do it for alot cheaper that will help with word of mouth advertising

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

anybody else?

Alpine CDA-9886

2x DC lvl4 15s

SoundStream PCA2000D

6 cubic feet

tuned 32hz

If your unsure....dont do it till you are sure.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Get a tax I.d. from the IRS it is free and you can use it to become a distributor and lower your prices. Also once you get the tax i.d. you can open an LLC. for about $1,000 with legal zoom., which means a limited liability company, if your garage burns down and a customer gets severely hurt or if their car catches fire etc.. you personally can not be sued , only the estate of the LLC. I would do this ASAP and get insurance, if you or your buddy are former military or either of your parents are, you can possibly become a USSA customer (they are a bank) and you can get 1 mill. annual business insurance from them for $69 a month (that is cheaper than anywhere.)

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

Find a few good brands and call them up and see if you can get a small discount to get you going. When people go to shops, they prefer to not have to have all their product ordered in afterward.

Please do quality work.

Also make a myspace and facebook account for your company.

Keep some online and physical albums of your work, and make sure you get the customers permission.

Get a tax I.d. from the IRS it is free and you can use it to become a distributor and lower your prices. Also once you get the tax i.d. you can open an LLC. for about $1,000 with legal zoom., which means a limited liability company, if your garage burns down and a customer gets severely hurt or if their car catches fire etc.. you personally can not be sued , only the estate of the LLC. I would do this ASAP and get insurance, if you or your buddy are former military or either of your parents are, you can possibly become a USSA customer (they are a bank) and you can get 1 mill. annual business insurance from them for $69 a month (that is cheaper than anywhere.)

Not all of this is correct. If you own a business of any kind you can still lose everything you have due to negligence. The insurance company is USAA. You really need to do a business plan and if you are needing funding this will give you and the financial institutions ALL of the information they need.Here is a great place to start:

http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/index.html

To do something like this you may want to contact local Small business assistance services that should be able to be found quote easily. You will also most likely need a lawyer to draw up paperwork that has to do with compensation and who is doing what in your business. Everything needs to be talked about so there will be no mis-communications. And remember 8 out of 10 new businesses fail the first year the other 2 rarely make a profit in the first 8 years and it is a lot of stress. Good Luck!!