What Volume Headunits Clip At

I think it also depends on the type of music played as well, i can play some dub and rap and may get clipping at 21/23 and then if i play some supertramp or some other classic rock i can go to 27/29 or more. This is on an alpine cde-102.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that 34 out of 35 is wrong, i have one and after about 30 its clip city.

as far as turning internal amp off, my Kenwood KDC BT945u does that alsoi...and comes with bluetooth included unlike alpine hu's

Had it on my TPI 440 yesterday. Thats what I saw, dont know about yours. Im going out to do some more tuning tomorrow. I will do it a second time to confirm.

1khz tone on the front and rear and a 50hz tone on the sub out

that 34 out of 35 is wrong, i have one and after about 30 its clip city.

as far as turning internal amp off, my Kenwood KDC BT945u does that alsoi...and comes with bluetooth included unlike alpine hu's

how did you figure that out? what frequencies did you use?

edit: i used an old school oscope and did 3 different frequencies and each one was a clean wave. only 35 BARELY clipped the wave off

edit 2: sine waves were played via ipod video 5th gen into the aux port

edit 3: reading > me. are you talking about the 9887 or the kdc-mp238?

how did you figure that out? what frequencies did you use?

edit: i used an old school oscope and did 3 different frequencies and each one was a clean wave. only 35 BARELY clipped the wave off

edit 2: sine waves were played via ipod video 5th gen into the aux port

I used sine waves I downloaded from ROE. Played from my Ipod 2gig Nano, dont know what gen. Ran thru the Ipod cable to the deck.

I saw the same thing, at 35 it barely clipped the wave at all. I set all my gains at 33 just to be sure.

So far im loving this deck. It blows away my old 9856. The difference in sound quality is night and day. The EQ adjustments will take a while to get used to but I will figure it all out.

Pioneer DEH-4100UB Clip free up to 45

Alpine CDA-9886 Clip free up to 24

Both O-Scoped at flat settings, as always.

Some headunits are different, despite the fact that they are the same exact model number and everything. The numbers are good guidelines, but you never know until you put your equipment on an Oscilloscope.

guess i need to re-adjust my gains on my pioneer.. i have them maxing at 50...

eclipse cd7000

eighty/eighty clean at 50 and 1000 hz

muahahahaha :D

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i dont have an oscope but my premire 860 doesnt distort even at 40/40 but thats with the gain set to -10 on deck tho @125htz 12db/oct

i unno how the hell u would check a deck with this many settings, i got gains on front n rear channels(preouts and speaker outputs), and wierd shit for the sub output too

plus alot of other audio adjustments like asl and what knot that i dont even kno wtf that does

were can one get a decent o-scope for cheap? partsexpress.com?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived