What Volume Headunits Clip At

I used to LOOOOVE Alpine back in the day, I feel like they keep getting cheaper and cheaper though...

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Distorts at 37/40 so i play it clean and safe at 36 all day.  per the instructions in DD-1 and DD-1+ you check with 40hz and 1k hz and average the two numbers, one distorts at 38 and the other at 37 so 36 is my happy place.  As AudioFanaticz has said though results will vary even exact model to exact model since there is too many variables in electronic devices.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

On 9/29/2017 at 4:59 PM, WalledSonic said:

Thats an extremely biased comment considering your knowledge and experience, sir. Right or wrong, I think you'd add a lot of weight to your commentary if you provided reasons why you consider it a 'turd'. It has strengths and weaknesses like anything else. 

Matter of fact, opinions arent worth conversation if they arent backed up with facts that made you feel the way you do. Im not saying youre wrong, but i'd like to see it from your perspective.

To me, the interface is the absolute worst part. The cheap knob and lack of face buttons results in having to excessively click around for adjustments. Then again, once its adjused i dont jack around with it too much so thats not a big deal. 

Other than that, im really happy with 3 way active and  the cleanliness of signal. Whats the closest performing head unit youd prefer in an Alpine?

There is nothing biased what so ever with what I said, and its my personal opinion from years past.
The knob is some junk multi click bs that feels like it will break in your hands. The face plates have an issue breaking connection in any vehicle that is actually loud. The menus are a cluster to navigate your way though. Also the cheesy low quality animated display was cool back in 2000.
The only thing it has going for it is the 3 way crossovers, but if your a true audiophile and want real adjustment you will already own a processor or have a higher tier deck.
I just said this 14 hours ago (in another thread, but I thought it was this thread).

You want a true audiophile radio then get the pioneer p99rs or the sony rsx-gs9, the 80prs is simply just not an audiophile grade radio like everyone claims it to be.
Pioneers single din game is rather lacking (not including the p99rs) and blown away by their double din models quality wise and ease of use.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 4:55 PM, audiofanaticz said:

Just going to put this out there, electronic components have varying tolerances from 1 part to another identical part. Combine that with multiple different parts will lead to varying results from headunit to headunit even if they are the same model.

That said, the 80prs is still a turd, just like all other pioneer single din radios (except for the p99rs).

On 9/30/2017 at 2:02 AM, audiofanaticz said:

There is nothing biased what so ever with what I said, and its my personal opinion from years past.
The knob is some junk multi click bs that feels like it will break in your hands. The face plates have an issue breaking connection in any vehicle that is actually loud. The menus are a cluster to navigate your way though. Also the cheesy low quality animated display was cool back in 2000.
The only thing it has going for it is the 3 way crossovers, but if your a true audiophile and want real adjustment you will already own a processor or have a higher tier deck.
I just said this 14 hours ago (in another thread, but I thought it was this thread).

You want a true audiophile radio then get the pioneer p99rs or the sony rsx-gs9, the 80prs is simply just not an audiophile grade radio like everyone claims it to be.
Pioneers single din game is rather lacking (not including the p99rs) and blown away by their double din models quality wise and ease of use.

image.png.382dba13c87d11f7ee0f1cd30ae5144c.png

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Panasonic CQ-C9901N/9801U/9701U

All are distortion free and max volume is 40/40. This is in large part due to the Class T Tripath Digital Amplifier.  Amazing SQ (fully adjustable SQ9 Equalizer).

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Archived