What Volume Headunits Clip At

i used an oscilloscope on my Kenwood KDC-MP238 yesterday, all flat settings, and it is clip-free at volume 34 out of 35 using 400hz, 1000hz, and 50hz.

i think we should have a thread where we have a bunch of headunits and info on when each one clips with what settings for future reference to other members.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pioneer DEH-4100UB Clip free up to 45

Alpine CDA-9886 Clip free up to 24

Both O-Scoped at flat settings, as always.

Some headunits are different, despite the fact that they are the same exact model number and everything. The numbers are good guidelines, but you never know until you put your equipment on an Oscilloscope.

Pioneer DEH-4100UB Clip free up to 45

Alpine CDA-9886 Clip free up to 24

Both O-Scoped at flat settings, as always.

Some headunits are different, despite the fact that they are the same exact model number and everything. The numbers are good guidelines, but you never know until you put your equipment on an Oscilloscope.

Is the 9886 really only good up to 24???.... i have this headunit... what a piece of garbage..

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

just set your gains accordingly...

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Is the 9886 really only good up to 24???.... i have this headunit... what a piece of garbage..

I have had 9886 and 9887 both are pretty good and work fine.

I would say at 22-23 for the Alpine

Yup the Kenwood are 34 but exceleron don't seem to clip at full bore in my past experiences.

My 9887 is clip free on all the pre outs up to 34 out of 35. Even at 35 its barely noticeable. Thats all flat with the internal amp set to off.

damn you can turn your internal amp off? thats cool as hell. i wonder how bad the internal amp is clipping (using external mids and highs and woofer amp)

that 34 out of 35 is wrong, i have one and after about 30 its clip city.

as far as turning internal amp off, my Kenwood KDC BT945u does that alsoi...and comes with bluetooth included unlike alpine hu's

Archived