For some reason outta no where my computer will stay on physically but when I turn the monitor on there is the little box that says "no signal monitor entering sleep mode" and I move my mouse to try to get it to come back but nothing happens... One time I was watching a video and the screen went blank as if the monitor was going into sleep mode, but the sound cut off and everything, the computer stays on but you cant see/do anything. Because the sound cut off It made me to believe that it wasnt the video card cause the sound would have kept going, but I dont know what it could be. Every time it does this I have to restart my computer via restart switch... I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I cant even leave my computer on a whole day without this happening... Thanks.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

It may be a driver or a error within windows. When was the last time you reformatted the computer.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

It Could be The cable is loose?

I hope so, because it did it to me today when I was in the middle of something important! It is pissing me off, I guess tomorrow im going to pull it out and look inside... I gotta get this fixed, the computer is my life!

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I dont want to say that it is fixed cause everytime I do that then the problem comes back, but that computer has been on for a day now, Last night I pulled it and unplugged and re plugged everything back in... I cleaned up some wires in the process too... I am not going to say that it is solved but im feeling better...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

you sure its not just the default power settings on the operating system? most of the time windows ships with power saving settings enabled. if you leave the computer dormant for too long it will sometimes turn off the monitor or go into sleep mode or hibernation mode. do you have Windows XP, Vista?

16321145278.jpg

I have XP... I have had this computer on for at least a week at a time before this. I am sure that everything is set correctly. It has stopped. It wouldnt just go into sleep... Like if I was watching a vid on the net or something it would just shut off the monitor and the sound would go away as well... I think that it was a loose cord or something cause my uptime right now is 3 days 5 hours... It wouldnt even go a day when it would shut off by itself, and it would do it randomly, not after a certain amount of time...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif