Help with some simple Fiberglass

I have never tried to fiberglass before and I really want to learn. I have a few questions.

1.What do I do to fiberglass the inside of a box?

2.Where can I get all the stuff I need to do it with?

3.Is it really hard?

4.How do you do door pods?

These are probably all noob questions and if I took the time to research it all i could probably find it, but I would find these answers but I would rather get them all answered by the people of SMD. Ive seen some pretty badass fiberglass work on here so I thought this would be a good place to ask :D

1995 Chevy Camaro

Alpine CDA-7892

1 SA-12

DD CM1 @1 ohms

XS Power D1200

Knukoncepts Fleks

Coming soon....

Beyma mids and highs, alot of them

I have never tried to fiberglass before and I really want to learn. I have a few questions.

1.What do I do to fiberglass the inside of a box?

--basic is just resining the inside, get resin, mix it with hardener, pour it in and swish around evenly. it seals and smooths and makes a nice difference. if you want to go all out, get fiberglass mat and press it into all the corners (soaked in resin of course, with no air bubbles!)

2.Where can I get all the stuff I need to do it with?

-loewes and home depot are cool if you only need a bit, marine supply stores are better if you need alot (resin by the gallon or 5 gallon, glass by the yard, saves a ton of cash. also need hardener, comes in the lid of home depot/lowes ones, shake em and make sure you hear it bouncing around.). I've also bought from autobody suppliers, but they are kinda hard to track down. buy "chip brushes" or whatever the cheapest paintbrush is to use as an applicator, it will be destroyed. I usually find them for 25-50 cents. also, a mask is a good idea if you're going to sand it, and a gladware is my choice of mixing bowl, cuz its dirt cheap and bendy enough to break out dried resin without cracking.

3.Is it really hard?

--no. resining/glassing a box is an afternoon job, and i've seen 8 year olds do it pods is definately harder, but still not rocket science, just a bit more finicky.

4.How do you do door pods?

--read some buildlogs. mine is a place to start for one way of doing it, meade has his method up too (which is more of a door skin than pod), if you can find master coogle's door build you'll probably be blown away and inspired. Just read through fiberglass builds until you get the idea.

These are probably all noob questions and if I took the time to research it all i could probably find it, but I would find these answers but I would rather get them all answered by the people of SMD. Ive seen some pretty badass fiberglass work on here so I thought this would be a good place to ask :D

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

1. only reason to glass the inside of box is realy to add support and make sure its airtight. mix resin with mekp, cut pieces of fiber glass mat, pour resin in box, spread with paint brush, put pieces of mat in, spread more resin on top of that, and make sure u get air bubbles out. But, doing this is not what makes those badass boxes u speak of.

2. any auto paint and body supply shop, Home Depot, Lowes.

3. Not hard, just time consuming.

4. With experience. I would not tackle door pods until I got good at sub boxes.

research research research. study study study. then do small projects to experience it.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

just get a gallon of fiberglass, some mat and mess around! experiment! that how you get good and fiber glassing isnt that hard if your sealing your box. but if your tryin to do like custom curve boxes!! thats a whole different story!!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Thread fail.

:No:

So my thread fails because I'm new at something and I have questions? Everyone that has ever done fiberglass was new at one point. Everyone else in this thread was helpful. Take your shit else where.

As for everyone else thanks alot :) what kind of brands should I go for? Or is it all the same stuff?

1995 Chevy Camaro

Alpine CDA-7892

1 SA-12

DD CM1 @1 ohms

XS Power D1200

Knukoncepts Fleks

Coming soon....

Beyma mids and highs, alot of them

check out fiberglassfourums.com, as well as the fiberglass section below allot of good learning info to be had.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

I did a lot of research prior to playing with glass (read a lot of groundpounder2k2 threads) and just went at it and had good results bc I'm naturally gifted at working with my hands.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

So my thread fails because I'm new at something and I have questions? Everyone that has ever done fiberglass was new at one point. Everyone else in this thread was helpful. Take your shit else where.

As for everyone else thanks alot :) what kind of brands should I go for? Or is it all the same stuff?

no, the thread fails because most, if not all of your questions could be found with minor searching. its understood that everyone starts somewhere. but research plays a big factor in the learning process, and by asking these kinds of questions, it suggests that you would rather be spoon-fed information instead of taking the time out to research on your own.

to answer your recent question, UScomposites.com has everything you need to glass. evercoat also makes good resin and products...but for beginning, or just sealing a box, I wouldnt use anything good quality if you dont need structural support. so bondo or basic evercoat will work.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco