DC Sound Lab

May I make a suggestion try 3 ft. After all displacements with 20 square inches of port per cubic ft. So 60 square inches of port tuned to 32 should sound a bit better and increase the mechanical power handling vs. The 4 cube box.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

May I make a suggestion try 3 ft. After all displacements with 20 square inches of port per cubic ft. So 60 square inches of port tuned to 32 should sound a bit better and increase the mechanical power handling vs. The 4 cube box.

I am not saying you're wrong or don't know what you're talking about but why would it better increase the power handling? They suggest a 3.5 cuft box... I am just curious because if I want to move to competitions then I was always told I want a big "boomy box". But hey I am always up for suggestions / comments. Do you know a good design for this box you're suggesting?

Also is the displacement of the level 5 15 like .21 cu ft?

Edited by Hell-Razor

When I first got my Plutonium the sub smelt like weed. So every time I bassed it the whole car filled with the smell. Guessing the guy who had it before me rolled around blazed a lot. Hopefully it doesn't smell like that, everyone will ask you if you just got done smokin. I'm guessing your smelling break in smell from the oils and such on the coils.

EDIT: Where you located?

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

shit, i got a 10 cube box tuned at 40 with 150^2" of port i did for my lvl 5 15"s. buy another lvl 5, and i'll sell u the box painted whatever color you want for 75 bucks. box slammed, never meterd but was in my blazer when i had it. big knerf port :D lol

oya, big box, big port, 5kw per sub. :D ik what i was doing

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

shit, i got a 10 cube box tuned at 40 with 150^2" of port i did for my lvl 5 15"s. buy another lvl 5, and i'll sell u the box painted whatever color you want for 75 bucks. box slammed, never meterd but was in my blazer when i had it. big knerf port :D lol

oya, big box, big port, 5kw per sub. :D ik what i was doing

Bills

Jeeze 10 cubes? Theres no way I can fit that in my trunk. The max is like 4.5 cubes and I still need to fit the amps and batteries back there. The whole issue with this system is that I want the car to look stock. I would love to get another 15 but I dont have 2 grand to spend on it now.

Man I must be doing something wrong then cause my 18 is in 5 cubes crap I will try a 9 ft.box and see what happens maybe I will finally break the 160 mark.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I always noticed in big boxes the 1st thing to go was the spiders then the surrounds 2nd but playing around some I found out smaller boxes my subs lasted longer now then 2 small and I would start blowing off dustcaps or surrounds lol but if it was just right I could use some of the back pressure in the box to help the woofer stay under control and my # went up at the same time where as a big box 4 some reason the #s were lower and the note was a tad lower but I lost some of the punch I had with the smaller box.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Smaller box = controlled excursion

larger box=uncrontrolled excursion

If you are running the sub past rated, you'll want a smaller box than spec to prevent it from blowing.

And to the OP, you're fine, the DC is just breaking in. Common thing, you smell a little stank for a couple of weeks, then the shit slams lower and louder.