Popped my glassing cherry! (door panels)

do you have to drill holes in the door panels for the resin to stick ? in steve meades video he didnt drill any holes , he just used glue and staples to attach the fleeces to his door panels , im trying to learn also , nice work on your panels

That look good for your first try. All anything takes is taking your time and doing a little reading and how to forums and books Overall great job. It feels good to look back at your work it wasn't as hard as you thought was it?

do you have to drill holes in the door panels for the resin to stick ? in steve meades video he didnt drill any holes , he just used glue and staples to attach the fleeces to his door panels , im trying to learn also , nice work on your panels

IDK if I had to drill the holes, my 1st attempt without the holes and heavier fleece didn't stick well. I don't think they hurt, I read somewhere to do that extra 5 mins. I couldn't get staples into the plastic even with a electric stapler, I used hot glue gun! A tip I learned the hard way (b4 i read) use a thin material. The thick fleece I used sucked up a whole can of resin on 1 door. I used a tee shirt like material worked good! And thanks I am happy with them and they sound great! B)

wink17----- That look good for your first try. All anything takes is taking your time and doing a little reading and how to forums and books Overall great job. It feels good to look back at your work it wasn't as hard as you thought was it?

Thanks and yes, it does feel good to look at my work! :yahoo: No it wasn't that hard, just wish I had done more reading before I started would have save $20 in material and a few hours of labor. lolz

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad for your first time. I was lucky on my first time glassing and had a good friend/fellow employee to teach me how to do it.

I would have aimed them more at the driver than the drivers leg.

Loud and Clean - 1985 190e 2.3 Audio Show Car - Champagne Dream.

they look decent for sure mang...but the ?? is is how do they sound :santa: if good then your good to do. everytime ya glass you will find lil things/tricks that will make it easier and more fun to do.

they look decent for sure mang...but the ?? is is how do they sound :santa: if good then your good to do. everytime ya glass you will find lil things/tricks that will make it easier and more fun to do.

2 sets of infinity kappas They sound good! I will be some more glass work soon on my brothers car. He bought 5 sets of 5.25 from assman plans on puting 4 in each door! He has never glassed before either so, I will be his mentor! lolz me of all people! haha

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

Shit looks good. I have a door panel that is no good that i might play with. But for now i am good. Shit looks good tho for you first time around.

cant wait till we do my doors it should be alot of fun i love learning new things that well make my car system sound better and 5 sets of speakers in my car is going to make it sound alot better:lol: o and his car sounds really good got to drive it about a week after it was done

kinggamer1985.png

Archived