CDT audio

rboudreaux77

If I felt I needed more bass I wouldn't have pulled my Kicker 8's out of the kicks. I don't need them to drop any lower than 80hz, my subs are in 1.2 cubes each and sealed they play up to 100hz and down to 20hz. No it's not the same pulsating bass you get from ports, but it is extremely clean. I also listen to them at extreme volumes because thats what I built them to do. I love concert sound and I've never been to a quite concert.I'm not doubting the mid bass of hertz, but with a finely tuned system you can get more from less some times.

@ sets of CDT HD6.5's upstage tweeters, polk 2way monitors, Arc audio 300.2, 2 Arc audio 12" flatline subs, 2 Arc audio 1000.1. Quality is always the way to go...

i feel ya on that man. other then i have more... ES-02, Es-07, Hertz hv200 running active off ppi arts (2 A600s, A200) Es-03, Fosgate FNX 1" tweet center channel and 2 XXX 15" in 5cu sealed off a T40001bd

your setup does sound like it has some potential thou.. too bad theres no way to hear it over the net

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

For sure the net doesn't do justice for any sound system, unless you have A $100,000.00 system that makes the ground move when you play it. And thats more visual than audio! I've had SPL vehicles such as a 1986 chevy suburban dually. I had 3 ohio generaters putting out 300amps each, going to alpine head unit,four sets of CDT HD632's and 24 kicker cvr 12's with 12 kicker zx-2500's 10 kinetik 1400's, mids played off 3 Xterminator 800.2', the 3" and tweets used a Xterminator 800.4. I lost that vehicle in KATRINA and my current car has been built. It's built not just for sound but I also Drift it with all this equipment in it. I have a fully built suspension and a VH45de V8 going to a Nismo 6spd and cusco Lsd rear dif. I had to start this all from scratch since the hurricane, I still have the body to finish! But she performs great, and I can't tell how she looks when I'm sitting inside so no biggie. I love talking to fellow CDT lovers it lets me know they are still doing it right! :good:

@ sets of CDT HD6.5's upstage tweeters, polk 2way monitors, Arc audio 300.2, 2 Arc audio 12" flatline subs, 2 Arc audio 1000.1. Quality is always the way to go...

For sure the net doesn't do justice for any sound system, unless you have A $100,000.00 system that makes the ground move when you play it. And thats more visual than audio! I've had SPL vehicles such as a 1986 chevy suburban dually. I had 3 ohio generaters putting out 300amps each, going to alpine head unit,four sets of CDT HD632's and 24 kicker cvr 12's with 12 kicker zx-2500's 10 kinetik 1400's, mids played off 3 Xterminator 800.2', the 3" and tweets used a Xterminator 800.4. I lost that vehicle in KATRINA and my current car has been built. It's built not just for sound but I also Drift it with all this equipment in it. I have a fully built suspension and a VH45de V8 going to a Nismo 6spd and cusco Lsd rear dif. I had to start this all from scratch since the hurricane, I still have the body to finish! But she performs great, and I can't tell how she looks when I'm sitting inside so no biggie. I love talking to fellow CDT lovers it lets me know they are still doing it right! :good:

I used to sell cdt audio I back in 2002 I liked their hd series as well. Whats funny is that its rebadge vifa! The 6" drivers are vifa p17 the 5" are vifa p13's you can get a vifa p21 which is an 8" that has incredible midbass. The vifa drivers have the same specs just not the cool red basket. Check vifa out on ebay or madisound.com.

I am not sure who produces the tweeters. They always made people smile when I demo'ed them. Good product back then. Not sure if anything has changed.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Yes I know CDT outsources thier speakers. CT is more about the crossovers, I don,t think many companies can compete with them. My friend is all about Focal but he still uses CDT crossovers because they have excellent attenuation, they keep highs out of the mids, and vice versa! and with the many different crossover networks they offer the sky is the limit for custom setups.

Archived