• 2 weeks later...

The idea is cool and all but I personally would not go this route because it robs the engine of power and fuel mileage. And who wants a low n slow ride when you can be low and fast as hell.

You can use an engine driven, the only problem is they use oil, you have to keep oil in them, and keep the oil out of your air tank. It can be done, but it is a lot of work. I wouldnt say its any cheaper to do, but EDC are much faster.

As far as the low and fast as hell ride, this can be done also, but its very expensive to go fast on air, most people wanting to scrape the floor of their ride don't care about passing traffic on the freeway :pardon:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

The idea is cool and all but I personally would not go this route because it robs the engine of power and fuel mileage. And who wants a low n slow ride when you can be low and fast as hell.

that is not accurate at all !!! you might lose 1 hp , not even noticeable .these compressors have clutches on them so there is no power lost when they are not filling the tank . it takes about 35-55 seconds to fill a 5 gallon tank to about 200-250 psi , that's if it's empty , to refill the tank (when the pressure switch is activated ) it will take half of that . so to say you would lose gas milelage and horsepower is simply not true :nea:

You can use an engine driven, the only problem is they use oil, you have to keep oil in them, and keep the oil out of your air tank. It can be done, but it is a lot of work. I wouldnt say its any cheaper to do, but EDC are much faster.

As far as the low and fast as hell ride, this can be done also, but its very expensive to go fast on air, most people wanting to scrape the floor of their ride don't care about passing traffic on the freeway :pardon:

i don't know about you but there is nothing better than flyin' down the freeway doing 100 mph dragging , throwing a mean ass shower of sparks :good: