Sundown Audio

how overrated is the power acoustic bamf 5500

Flint_810

I HAVE A GUY RUNNING TWO OF THESE ONE PER DD 3512. HIS VOLTAGE FLOATS AROUND 14.3 AND @ FULL TILT IT DROPS IN THE 13.6 TO 13.8 AREA. THESE WILL DO NO WHERE NEAR THE 3200RMS @ 1. HOWEVER, IF YOU DO THE NECESSARY ELECTRICAL UPGRADES; HO ALT AND SECONDARY BATT TO GET YOUR VOLTAGE IN THE 14+ AREA YOU SHOULD SEE 2200 TO 2500 OUT OF THESE. RUN 4 GUAGE TO BOTH OF THE POWER AND GROUND INPUTS. THEY ARE ANGLED SO IT WOULD BE HARD TO FIT 0AWG. IF YOU ARE RUNNING MULTIPLE BATTS THEN RUN 0AWG TO 4 GUAGE AT A 1 IN 2 OUT FUSE DIST. BLOCK.

ok i was just gonna run 1 batt on the BTL so when i hook up the batt to the sub run 1/0awg from the batt to the alt is that what your saying?

[color="#2E8B57"]size="4"]1998 buick century

stock elcetrical for now

pioneer 3100 avh dvd HU

(12)power acoustik tweeters

(1) PA BAMF 5500

(1) FI 15" BTL HEAVY SUB!!!

(1) kenwood 720 4cahnnel amp on da way

(1) 20ft run of rockford fosgate 1/0awg

(2) 1/0awg to 4awg reducers

(2) memphis front speakers

(2) kenwwods 69ie 6x9's

(1) deep cycle batt on the way

(1) 5cft box tuned to 32hz after displacments

ALOT MORE UPGRADES TO COME!!!!![/size][/color]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're never gonna see that much power out of this amp...come on guys. If these truly put out 2200-2500w's, for the price everybody woulf be running them. Might be lucky to get 1500 out of them...and that's pushin it. Save your money and pick up something that puts out true rms, and has a decent resale value (aq, sundown, etc).

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

IF YOU ARE RUNNING ONE BATT AS YOUR LEAD BATT THAN YOU CAN DO THE BIG 3 UPGRADE FROM YOUR ALT. DO YOU HAVE AN HO ALT, AND WHAT TYPE OF BATT ARE YOU USING AS YOUR LEAD? THEN USE A 1 IN 2 OUT ANL FUSE DIST BLOCK AT YOUR BATT. RUN 2 RUNS OF 4 GUAGE TO YOUR AMP AND THE DO TWO SEPREATE GROUNDS. DO NOT USE A COMMON GROUND FOR BOTH OF YOUR GROUNDS. ONCE AGAIN THESE AMPS ARE OVERRATED BUT FOR THE PRICE THEY REALLY CAN NOT BE TOUCHED THE WILL DO 2K.

First off....CAPS=really fucking annoying. Second...bullshit, this amp won't do 2k. And third...why the hell would he do two runs of 4g to his amp and 2 runs for his ground? And ground in different locations? So he can create a ground loop?

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Yep gotta add efficiency in I forgot that. But i think 75% might be high for that amp

I think 75% is deffinetly high for it...Freind got the bamf 2000 watt amp and doesn't even touch 800 watts..lol

First off....CAPS=really fucking annoying. Second...bullshit, this amp won't do 2k. And third...why the hell would he do two runs of 4g to his amp and 2 runs for his ground? And ground in different locations? So he can create a ground loop?

It's all chill here.

he would do 2 runs because there are dual inputs lol. as for the ground, yea he can use a common one.

as someone stated earlier the inputs are slanted so fitting 1/0 may be a problem, and the 4 gauge would be easier to bend ;)

as for whether it puts out the wattage or not I have no clue, I'm just referring to the inputs.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Will these amps do 3200w not a chance in hell but wired at 1 ohm i do think it will do close to 2k. I have run 4 kicker 2500.1 on 2 solo x 18s and 4 of the BAMF 5500 on the same subs and while the kickers put out much cleaner power and sound on the meter the Power Acoustiks were only about .5db less than the Kickers.

Will these amps do 3200w not a chance in hell but wired at 1 ohm i do think it will do close to 2k. I have run 4 kicker 2500.1 on 2 solo x 18s and 4 of the BAMF 5500 on the same subs and while the kickers put out much cleaner power and sound on the meter the Power Acoustiks were only about .5db less than the Kickers.

ima get theoretical here.

in theory 3db increase is caused by doubling the power.

take double as 200% power divided by 3 dbs which gives 66% power increase per db. so .5 db less would be a 33% decrease of power.

take the 2500 watts the kicker makes multiply it by .33 and it gives 833. so 2500-833=1667

so in theory that .5 db off was a shit ton of power difference and shows that this amp is far weaker than it says it is

but once again its all theory

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz