I need help with power wire

Okay guys i am stuck. I have a 1993 4x4 jeep grand Cherokee and i have looked everywhere and there is no where to run the power wire through the firewall. No unused grommets that i can find and all the ones that i can find are not big enough. Someone told me that there is one but i dont see it. If you have any ideas shoot them my way. I am trying not to drill through the firewall just yet. Thanks

BTW i am using 8gauge power wire.

8g power wire you fit that thru anything. if the batt is on the drivers side try going thru where the "hood unlach" cable goes thru thats where i run my wire thru when its on the driver side.

Whats wrong with drilling? Just be sure to use rubber wire grommet!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

Okay guys i am stuck. I have a 1993 4x4 jeep grand Cherokee and i have looked everywhere and there is no where to run the power wire through the firewall. No unused grommets that i can find and all the ones that i can find are not big enough. Someone told me that there is one but i dont see it. If you have any ideas shoot them my way. I am trying not to drill through the firewall just yet. Thanks

BTW i am using 8gauge power wire.

i had the same problem i had a hole through my firewall just big enough for 8 gauge wire but i bought a drill bit the ones that cut through metal and made the whole bigger and after i grinded it down so it wouldnt cut my wire and i ran my 0 gauge like that

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

i had the same problem i had a hole through my firewall just big enough for 8 gauge wire but i bought a drill bit the ones that cut through metal and made the whole bigger and after i grinded it down so it wouldnt cut my wire and i ran my 0 gauge like that

That's kinda crazy imo, I would have at least put 4 or 5 layers of black tape on the wire were it passes thru.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

That's kinda crazy imo, I would have at least put 4 or 5 layers of black tape on the wire were it passes thru.

thats what i did once, hey i didnt have a grommet :pardon:

8g power wire you fit that thru anything. if the batt is on the drivers side try going thru where the "hood unlach" cable goes thru thats where i run my wire thru when its on the driver side.

Well the batt is on passenger side. But i will still look into it. Thanks

in my jeep i dont have a grommet, due to i have 4g and 8g in the same whole, but i had to drill it bigger, but i dident have a powerfull enough drill inorder to do it so i just took a smaller bit and chipped away at it, but like above, the hood unlatch is a good place to look

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Whats wrong with drilling? Just be sure to use rubber wire grommet!

Well there is nothing wrong with drilling BUT i would rather that be a last resort type thing. I have some rubber grommets on the way. Should be here along with my amp tomorrow.