Sundown Audio

Soundstream amps any good ?

bigmacfreak32903

unless your right into car audio no one knows about soundstream so everyone passes over them because "they've never heard of them" so most people stick to name brands (RF, Kicker...) yet a soundstream usually does better then rated for much less $$$ unlike many of the name brands that dont even do rated power

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

lmk how much of a difference it makes i'm using a 9104d right now

it acually made a huge difference !! i was surprised of how much louder it was i thought it would be just as loud then when i turned it up my windshield started flexing i was ilke holy shit and it hurts ur ears to lol

Vehicle:2002 Toyota sequoia limited edition

Subwoofer:American bass xfl 12soon to be vfl comp

Amp:2American bass phantom 4ks 4000rms (using one fornow)

Headunit:Alpine cda 105

TL scre:141.75 at 35hz going to try to get it to a 45 with the new build!

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

unless your right into car audio no one knows about soundstream so everyone passes over them because "they've never heard of them" so most people stick to name brands (RF, Kicker...) yet a soundstream usually does better then rated for much less $$$ unlike many of the name brands that dont even do rated power

ha u got that right !! i got the rub1.800d amp from ss and it sounds like its way more then 800w lol i have to keep that amp way the fuck down

Vehicle:2002 Toyota sequoia limited edition

Subwoofer:American bass xfl 12soon to be vfl comp

Amp:2American bass phantom 4ks 4000rms (using one fornow)

Headunit:Alpine cda 105

TL scre:141.75 at 35hz going to try to get it to a 45 with the new build!

My youtube channel !

Team extreme amperage

My facebook !

• 2 years later...

I only found one offer for the Rub 1.800 http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOUNDSTREAM-RUB1-800D-800W-MONOBLOCK-CLASS-D-AMPLIFIER-W-WIRED-REMOTE-BRAND-NEW-/221004939381?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item3374ebc075, but i guess you to go a model higher, you get watt´s and save money if you go with the

Rub 1.1000 http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20746_Soundstream_RUB11000D.asp

I guess you pimp your budget and get this one http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20682_Soundstream_REF11000.aspx, there realy nice ones,

maby you can get a cheaper (maby used) offer. 300 is a damn good price, looked E-bay before and there was noone for this price.

If you will hold the budget you can get a Tarantula 1.1300 for the $, but i can´t say what´s realy better on them.

The guessed reference series is realy a amp for sq sound with power.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I gotta rub 1.1000 on a soundstream x3 (not nearly the power it needs) and it pushes the sub pretty damn good, granted I have the big 3 install and a second battery, but it sounds damn good. Lookin to upgrade to the rub 1.2500d, anyone know anything about the rub 1.2500d?

-playing with different setups

I had a Rubicon 1600.1 and it had some punch I was running it @2Ohms on pioneer 12 spl 5000 and it used to pound the crap out of it. Now I'm looking to get the soundstream xxx 10000d but I was wondering if its a good amp or should I get a AQ 3500 instead :)

Archived