Okay so I recently bought the Viper 5701 alarm and there are a lot of wires if someone knows of a wiring diagram or of something that can help me figure it out that would be a great help.

This is going in a 2004 Ford Ranger and I have a chart that says what most of the wires are so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: bad link heres the thing

FORD

MODEL YEAR(S)

RANGER 2004 -2006

KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER

FD KEY-4 FD-1(2004-2005) Only! FORD'S SECURILOCK ANTI-THEFT TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, Requires 791 and Extra Ignition Key

PART COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM

12 VOLT CONSTANT YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER RED/LIGHT BLUE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

STARTER 2 N/A

IGNITION 1 LIGHT GREEN/PURPLE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 2 BLACK/LIGHT GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

IGNITION 3 N/A

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 GRAY/YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A

KEYSENSE N/A

PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) WHITE/BLACK (-) @ SJB, Small BLACK Plug, Pin 16, See NOTE *1

PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) BROWN (+) @ SJB, BROWN Plug, Pin 8, See NOTE *1

POWER LOCK PINK/YELLOW (TYPE B) @ SJB. LARGE BLACK Plug, Pin 5, See NOTE *1

POWER UNLOCK PINK/LIGHT GREEN (TYPE B) @ SJB, LARGE BLACK Plug, Pin 9, See NOTE *1

LOCK MOTOR WIRE RED (+) @ SJB, GRAY Plug, Pin 9, See NOTE *1

DOOR TRIGGER YELLOW/BLACK (-) and GRAY/RED (-) Use both, See NOTE *2 @ SJB, See NOTE *1 4698_Ranger_FORD DOOR PIN ISOLATION.pdf

DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION BLACK/LIGHT BLUE (+) @ SJB, GRAY Plug, Pin 14, See NOTE *1

TRUNK RELEASE N/A

SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A

HORN YELLOW/LIGHT GREEN to DARK BLUE (-) @ SJB, SMALL BLACK Plug, Pin 18, See NOTE *1

TACH Any wire that is NOT RED @ any IGNITON COIL or FUEL INJECTORS

WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A

BRAKE LIGHT GREEN (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

FACTORY ALARM DISARM N/A

ANTI-THEFT FORD'S SECURILOCK ANTI-THEFT TRANSPONDER SYSTEM TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER

NOTES

NOTE *1 The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is the FUSE/RELAY BOX in the PASSENGER KICK PANEL.

NOTE *2 The YELLOW/BLACK (-) is for the DRIVERS DOOR, LARGE BLACK Plug, Pin 6 at the SJB and the GRAY/RED (-) is for the PASSENGER DOOR, SMALL BLACK Plug, Pin 3 of the SJB. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM use both DOOR TRIGGER wires and DIODE ISOLATE, to connect, See DIAGRAM

LINK 1 LINK TEXT 1 LINK 2 LINK TEXT 2

EXTRA INFORMATION

Edited by darthballsy1

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

If you need the wiring diagram/installation manual I can scan mine when I get home. I have the newer model though so if yours is a year or two old it might not be the same

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I don't know if its older or not and no I haven't installed an alarm before but I actually enjoy learning how to do stuff even if it's really complicated.

Pioneer DEH-P3000IB head unit

Rockford T1000.1bd

Two AQ SDC 2.5 12s

My build log.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84319-darthballsy1s-04-ford-ranger-video-build-log/

v59y52.png

So do you not have the install manual?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Can you post a pic of the brain box. I need to see what the plug looks like on the longer side of the box. If it's the same as mine i'll post my installation manual when I get home from work tonight.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

If you've never done a remote start install before then you might want to consider having it done professionally. The 5701 is not a simple install as the aspect of it's many features.

There's no one going to stop you from doing the install yourself if you are that determined, but I would strongly suggest against it if you don't know the proper techniques for making connections for a remote start system. If you understand what type's of polarities your system will need as well as it looks like you will need a bypass module for your ignition. What this does is act as if the key is in the key cylinder whenever you remote start.

Like I said, it's definitely NOT a novice install.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

PM me your email address and I can email the install manual for it.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000