Sonic Electronix

Amp cuts out at high volume need help

I have a eclipse 34230 1100X2 and i am running 1 emeince alpha 8 (8ohm) 1 beta cx 8 (8ohm) and one Psd comprestion driver (16ohm) all in parralell to channel 1 of my amp and channel 2 is the same setup using this crossover on my beta 8s on both sdies with comprestions http://www.bltsound.com/index.php/products/2w35k-2-way-crossover i dont no why but at high volume the amp cuts right off and i have to shut car off to make amp come back on not sure why tho the ohm load should be at about 4 ohms if what i heird from some people is correct Any help or any ansers on why it would do this PLEASSE HELP!!! thanks everyone i need to figure this :bull: out!!

On the DMM, switch the button to 200 on the Ohm scale. Put the negative lead to the negative and positive lead to the positive on the driver. Well since you're running 2 on each channel, just measure by the speaker wire. Make sure you remove it out of the amplifier though.

Edit: When you measure the voltage, set the DMM to the DC Voltage meter on the 20 scale or something and then just put the positive on the 12v+(red) and the negative lead to the ground(black)

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

On the DMM, switch the button to 200 on the Ohm scale. Put the negative lead to the negative and positive lead to the positive on the driver. Well since you're running 2 on each channel, just measure by the speaker wire. Make sure you remove it out of the amplifier though.

Edit: When you measure the voltage, set the DMM to the DC Voltage meter on the 20 scale or something and then just put the positive on the 12v+(red) and the negative lead to the ground(black)

My multimeter model is a sperry Sp-10a it only has for ohm scal Rx100,Rx10,Rx1 which one do u think i should do i just did it on 10 with my 8 ohm driver just to test it n it tells me its at 3 ohms which isent right

Check and see if any of your voice coils went bad. happened to me about two months ago. thought it was my amp. dam near drove me crazy cuz i thought to check everything but my speakers individually. worth a shot if your goin to check things out check everything till you find what it is. troubleshooting 101

Check and see if any of your voice coils went bad. happened to me about two months ago. thought it was my amp. dam near drove me crazy cuz i thought to check everything but my speakers individually. worth a shot if your goin to check things out check everything till you find what it is. troubleshooting 101

i have the same amp but running mine 2 0hms per channel and i have no problems. so why he having problems and i'm not?

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Archived