got a sub that need a recone

Not sure, man. Mine needs a re-cone as well but I'm just storing it for a while and switching to my z15. All I know is the normal re-cone from Fi is like $75 and I looked into getting it re-coned by a different company as well. They had re-cones but they were a little more expensive.

ok so i found on the coil its an ssd its got sharpie on it that says its an ssd just its super hard to see but it says its a dual one but has fw after it whats fw

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

Probably flatwind coil

Flatwind coil: The flatwire coil option simply helps the power handling of the sub. The coil has more surface area to dissipate heat and will take more power then the regular round wire coil that comes in the ‘stock’ version of the sub. This option will also make the sub tend to be more prone to ‘peaking’ for a budget daily driving sub where you don’t have to use a ton of power to get maximum output and sacrifice sound quality a little bit. 

Edited by R_Mac_1

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

That's an SSD with a flat wind coil...and whoever reconed it had absolutely no idea how to do the tinsel leads through the blocks. Look at the picture below..that is how they are supposed to look...not straggled everywhere.

DSCN0968-1.jpg

You can order recones off of the website, you can also select 'send in sub' to send it in for us to do for you. The only difference in price is the shipping back to you.

-Nick

Edited by fi car audio

Not to hijack the thread, but since I've already got pics in here...does anyone know what that white stuff is on my motor? I had it in a sealed box for a little under a year and I took it out and it had this white...corrosion I guess you could call it. I wiped it off but you can still see the discoloration in my pics.

DSCN1599.jpg

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

99% of the energy that you are putting into that coil is wasted heat...you only hear 1% of what you put into it.

This causes your box to turn into a little oven...which causes temperature swings and changes the moisture content inside of the enclosures which make the motors 'sweat'..

Totally normal...nothing can be done about it. Chrome rusts..which is why we don't do chrome motors..not to mention its ugly too :)

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."